Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 losing contact with network / Fine directly in to PC

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Any trouble shooting suggestions for this?  After several days of the 6300 working well on a Win 7 i7 laptop and connected to LAN via a Ethernet cable from 6300 to router, today the 6300 "lost contact" with the network.  I rebooted the 6300 and SmartSDR and it was briefly "available"  but disappeared before I could click on "connect".  I then rebooted the laptop, everything was fine for about 30 seconds as SmartSDR connected and showed signals, then the loss of contact message was displayed again.  I have now switched to connection directly to the PC and all appears stable.  The network connection when I was briefly connected to the LAN was "excellent".   Router switching IP addresses all of a sudden , perhaps ?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016

Many routers will allow you to reserve an I/P address while using DHCP by entering the MAC address of the unit. You might try that.

Jim, K6QE

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Next time just try rebooting the router and see if that's what happened, you may consider setting the Radio to a static Address if your Router keeps forgetting what IP the radio is on.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    A lot of routers are woefully underpowered with the SoC allowing it to barely get out of bed in the morning. I would suggest using a separate switch connected to the router (you can get a cheap gig switch from places like micro center or amazon). Make sure you're using good cables too. Sometimes cables aren't crimped properly. I would recommend getting good quality cat6 patch cords with the boot on it. I usually buy them from monoprice, good **** for the buck. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.