Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 is in use by...

Howard Koenig
Howard Koenig Member
edited April 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Occasionally after shutting down 1.4, trying to bring up program again, the radio still says its in use, even though its not. The radio needs to be physically shut off and turned on again to clear this. Is there any way to override this issue?

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Have you cold booted the radio after the upgrade?
  • Peter
    Peter Member
    edited April 2017
    I have seen this with my 6300 also but clears it self after about 30 sec, I have not had to do a reset of the radio. And Tim, I did a clean install of v1.4 removing the older ver. of SSDR.

Peter

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    A clean install is good, but a cold boot of the radio after the upgrade is a "best practice".  It ensure that all of the internal processors start up properly after the new operating system and radio firmware have been installed.
  • Peter
    Peter Member
    edited May 2015
    Tim, when you shut down / start up the radio for operation would that not be the same as what you are suggesting, or are you saying that immediately after the install is different ?

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Once a new firmware version has been completely loaded, it is not a bad idea to power off the radio, remove DC power from the radio (remove the power cord) for 15-30 seconds, reconnect the power cord and the power up the radio normally.  This is the definition of a "cold" boot.  It ensures that all of the internal processors start up from a down or "cold" state.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Tim this could be indicative if some sort of bug worth tracking.  I have had 2 instances of a "freeze" of the client-radio communications as demonstrated by a frozen waterfall and also loss of dax.. etc. I definitely did a cold boot after the upgrade, and it has done this twice.. both occurrences were after a lengthy idle state.  close SSDR and reconnect and it shows as in use.  front panel power cycle resolves it.  Just FYI in case you are keeping an issues log.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Do you get any client disconnect messages or did the console just stop responding for a short period of time?
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    No error messages, its a frozen display along with other stuff like CAT and DAX are non functional. And again both instances occurred after the radio had been running for a prolonged (like 12 hours) period.  Also to note that although I have experimented with several LAN client connections, this was on my primary system sitting on gig e with the Rig.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Chris - I recommend that you open a HelpDesk ticket so we can investigate your specific issue in greater details.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    ok.. not a problem I can do that. thanks Tim.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.