Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 immediately loses connection after upgrade to V3.1.12

Options
Colin O'Neill
Colin O'Neill Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi All

My problem is after upgrading from 1.11.12 and successfully installing the software licence the 6300 immediately disconnects. I then have to hold in the power button until the radio powers down, on restart it appears on the screen again but the same thing happens when I connect. I have tried powering down the 12v connection to reset the radio.

I have tried downgrading to 1.11.12 again and the radio works fine, but the same problem re-occurs when I upgrade again.

I have also tried connecting using SmartSDR for IOS on my iPad but the same problem occurs, so it's not a Windows problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Colin G0CGD

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I would suggest you do a factory rest at this point, not just a power down. Save your profiles first.
  • Colin O'Neill
    Colin O'Neill Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Bill, thanks for the swift response and you are right, it is working now.

I thought powering down and switching off the power did a reset but now I realise the correct way is to hold the power button in on startup.

Best regards - Colin G0CGD
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Your welcome Colin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.