6300 fuse

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Due to operator stupidity, I had the wrong antenna connected to my 6300 when I transmitted and the radio shut itself down and won't restart.  Is there an internal fuse?  If so, what is it's rating and type?
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 142 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2968 Posts
  • 652 Reply Likes
Is  there any life at all?  if there is,,It's not a fuse..
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 142 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Dead as a dodo.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2968 Posts
  • 652 Reply Likes
I have never seen inside a 6300, sorry. You could look?
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2968 Posts
  • 652 Reply Likes
Andrew,,can you unplug the power cable from the radio 20 seconds,,then re connect it and try starting...
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 142 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
For some unknown reason, it has come back to life.  I'll be damned if I know why, but, for some reason, the gods have stopped laughing at me and have granted me a second chance.  BTW, the fuse is located behind the Anderson Pole connectors but to gain access, one would have to remove a board and I won't do that.
Photo of Greg - N8GD

Greg - N8GD

• 218 Posts
  • 82 Reply Likes
There's a good chance that RF got back into the radio and corrupted the operation of the internal processors.  Whenever something strange happens to any Signature series radio, ALWAYS disconnect the power for 30 seconds or more, then reconnect and restart to get the processors and internal software back on track.  There's a lot stuff running inside the radio even when the power button is dark (showing that the radio is OFF).