Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 Flashing green led, will not power up

2»

Comments

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hate to be redundant.  My 6300 does the same thing, every time I begin from a cold start.  Running Win 8.1/64, SSDR 1.5.1.  I did deinstall of 1.5.1, downloaded a fresh installer and reinstalled 1.5.1 again.  Not a big issue.  Thanks in advance for the fix.
  • Richard - MW0XDT
    Richard - MW0XDT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Guys, I just heard back from Dudley at the Help Desk, the issue has been fixed now. It will form part of the next update release....which I guess won't be too far ahead. 73 Richard MW0XDT
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I believe you may have misunderstood.  We believe we know what is causing the issue, but a fix has not been verified yet.  We are working on it.
  • Richard - MW0XDT
    Richard - MW0XDT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sorry Tim, I had a further message from Dudley explaining it may be a little while before the fix is verified and available. Either way, I appreciate the work you and the team are putting in. Many thanks, Richard
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    My 6500 did the same thing this morning, first time I have seen this, it was the coldest it's been 
    in the shack downstairs, just  61 F. It did boot successfully right after forcing it to shutdown.

• WA4FOM
    WA4FOM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    For what it's worth, my 6700 does it also.  After first applying power (via a recycled FLEX-5000 power cable), the green light flashes, and will do so until the sun drops off the main sequence (I left it for 12 hours just to see).  Cycle power again, and it comes up fine.  I'd classify this as an annoyance - not a huge deal - but it would be nice if it could be fixed.  Otherwise, you can have my 6700 when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

73, Bob, WA4FOM
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I also have experienced this flashing green led forever on boot sometimes; not always. a reboot cures it.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I should mention that I never had that happen until I changed routers. I think there is a connection there but not sure.
  • WA4FOM
    WA4FOM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I don't remember precisely when mine started, but there were definitely no hardware changes leading up to it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This issue you describe where the radio does not complete the boot up process and the power LED contines to blink green on an initial power up has been addressed and will be included in the next release of SmartSDR
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My 6300 at my cabin did it to me for the first time this morning. I have been up here for a week so everything is nice and warm. I understand it will be corrected in the next update (wow try and get that kind of service from Microsoft).

Can I just leave it on ? I am having knee problems and at home I do not like going down then up the stairs to my shack just to press the button on the flex so I can use it in my Man Cave in my pole barn. I have a little heated work room out there and it has became my second shack because I do not have to do the stairs. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Yes, you can just leave it on.
  • Mike Smoot
    Mike Smoot Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Tim - I'm seeing the same anomaly during startup of my 6700 w/GPSDO option. If I leave the radio shut down for a few hours with DC power still applied (to maintain the GPSDO) then about 50% of the time the 6700 will hang during the startup sequence -- just before my callsign would normally be displayed on the front panel, with green light flashing.  Sometimes - but not always - pressing the power button to shut the radio back down, and pressing once again to restart the radio will clear it - but often as not it still hangs at the same place during startup.

If I cycle the DC power by switching off/on the power supply, the radio will start up normally every time.

One thing I've noticed is that my 6700 needs to be in a shut down state (with DC applied) for a few hours before the hang behavior will appear, or reappear after clearing it.  I haven't attempted to narrow the time down yet, but it will not reoccur immediately after cycling the DC.

I've tried using two different power supplies (Astron & Icom) and a deep-cycle boat battery, all with no change in symptoms.

Thanks,

Mike - KB1MH
  • Mike Smoot
    Mike Smoot Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I just realized I wasn't holding the power button in during shutdown per Tim's earlier response. I'll try that next time and report back.

Mike - KB1MH
  • dan
    dan Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

Thanks for the thread. Regarding my (several months old) 6300, the green light would blink on once when I turned on the power supply. Then press the green button again to start and no blinking. I would hear the click, then another click, but the green light would not come on, and radio would not be seen in the software. I disconnected the copper from the router. And disconnected the power pole connector from the radio. Rebooted the router, and the desktop. Started over again and radio started fine. Another year off my life hi hi.   73  KH6DAN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.