Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 audio pc audio stops

Bob Doolittle
Bob Doolittle Member
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Turn all the gear and it all works. About 1 hour later the PC audio cuts out. Close the Flex and then reopen (flex not shut down, just the software) and all is well from then on.

Comments

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Sorry for the issue, but does the audio from the radio stop? Are you connected on LAN or via SmartLink? Dudley
  • Bob Doolittle
    Bob Doolittle Member
    edited September 2019
    The radio continues to operate. Using LAN. Thanks for responding.
    Bob
  • Bob Doolittle
    Bob Doolittle Member
    edited September 2019
    The radio head phone jack still works when this happens.

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I have suffered this same problem.
    I frequently use the radio to listen to oldies AM radio when I'm working in the room. 
    It does not affect headphone or powered speaker outputs; only PC audio.
  • Bob Doolittle
    Bob Doolittle Member
    edited September 2019
    I have determined that this is a computer problem. Since the loss of computer audio happens 1 hour after computer startup and not Flex startup. I can't find a timer in windows 7 that is set for 1 hour.

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Since the problem does resolve when the SmartSDR client (the PC software) is restarted, that is where the problem lies.

It wouldn't be a "Windows 7 Timer" since it happens on my Windows 10 system as well.

Also, my computer is sometimes up & running for quite some time before I start SmartSDR. It's about an hour after the start of SmartSDR that it drops out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.