Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 Arrived today! All setup and running!

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
After selling my 6500 to a loving ham who will likely take it to the far reaches of the world... I downgraded to a 6300 that arrived today.

Like all my flex radios, out of the box, on the air in 20 minutes.

Nice to be back.

I noticed that Ray, K9DUR's site seems to be down.  Anybody know if its just temporary?

Comments

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Congrats on the 6300.  It may be a step down from the 6500, but it's by far the most capable radio that I've owned and that's counting over fifty years of radios.  You probably won't miss those other slices.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Congrats.  I used a 6500 for a few months courtesy of a friend that loaned me theirs, however I just bought a 6300 and do feel I made the right decision.  The 6500 is great but the 6300 is no real 'step down". 
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Very happy with my 6300.  DX o' plenty!  Absolutely no regrets.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thanks all.  Me too!   I did find while I had my 6500 that I never was using more than 2 slices it seemed.  I just didn't have enough antennas and time to use anything more.

What I like and why I spent the money to come back is I'm sitting here in the kitchen on my laptop copying code while I post this.  With any other rig almost I would have to be down at the knobs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.