6300 Arrived today! All setup and running!

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
After selling my 6500 to a loving ham who will likely take it to the far reaches of the world... I downgraded to a 6300 that arrived today.

Like all my flex radios, out of the box, on the air in 20 minutes.

Nice to be back.

I noticed that Ray, K9DUR's site seems to be down.  Anybody know if its just temporary?
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 959 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Steve W6SDM

Steve W6SDM

• 615 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Congrats on the 6300.  It may be a step down from the 6500, but it's by far the most capable radio that I've owned and that's counting over fifty years of radios.  You probably won't miss those other slices.
Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

• 379 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Congrats.  I used a 6500 for a few months courtesy of a friend that loaned me theirs, however I just bought a 6300 and do feel I made the right decision.  The 6500 is great but the 6300 is no real 'step down". 
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 504 Posts
  • 112 Reply Likes
Very happy with my 6300.  DX o' plenty!  Absolutely no regrets.
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 959 Posts
  • 337 Reply Likes
Thanks all.  Me too!   I did find while I had my 6500 that I never was using more than 2 slices it seemed.  I just didn't have enough antennas and time to use anything more.

What I like and why I spent the money to come back is I'm sitting here in the kitchen on my laptop copying code while I post this.  With any other rig almost I would have to be down at the knobs.