Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 and AM broadcast band

Mike
Mike Member ✭✭
I was trying to listen to the local AM station on 1400 Khz to catch the end of a College football game.  It did not appear that the 6300 covered the complete AM broadcast band.  Is this correct?  If you chose 160m it would go to approx 1600 Khz and if you chose band "630" you can get 550 to 670 Khz.  Is this correct that the 6000 series doesn't cover the full AM broadcast band or am I do I have something set incorrect?

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Try choosing GEN on the band select panel.

• Mike Kasrich
    Mike Kasrich Member
    edited November 2015
    I have it doesn't show any signals between 670 and 1600.
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    or just type 1.400 in to the frequency box...simples?
  • Mike Kasrich
    Mike Kasrich Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm not saying you can't select the freq, there are just no signals between 670 and 1600 Khz
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Check the antenna selection.
  • Kevin LaFata
    Kevin LaFata Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I can confirm the 6300 DOES pick up local AM stations.  I've taken mine camping several times and was able to pick up "local" stations that were now an hour drive away. 
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Can you post a screen shot of your SSDR window? Might help figure it out.
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    mike, something obvious changes in your setup then. I use a 6300 and it is fine. Suggest you slide up from 160m and you may find that the selected antenna sockets changes over, or Attn goes on, or agc-T is very low there, or something like that!
  • Mike Kasrich
    Mike Kasrich Member
    edited November 2015
    Ugh, like I said I figured I had something set incorrect and that was it, ant choice.  I purchased the radio from another ham.  I'll have to watch what is set up since I don't know how it was used before purchase.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Yes the antenna thing got me too. I found a case where if i just slid my panadapter back and forth it would change between ant1 and xvrtr
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    These things caught me out no end when I first became an SSDR user and still occasionally do.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
         I stayed on ant.1, switched to 160, collapsed the panadaptor till I could see from 0.0-6.4 mhz.
    You can then expand the panadaptor to show the "closer in" view you may be accustomed to. I didn't notice an indication of it being in General rx mode, except for the unlocked padlock.image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.