Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300, 7 weeks old, SSDR v1.5.1, Dirty transmit all modes on cold start, fine on re-start

Options
2»

Answers

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Raise your hand if there is a chance in **** any other manufacture will give a detailed response as Steve did.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Doug - I want to personally thank you for providing your clearly articulated feedback on where you flt our support processes had not been satisfactory.  I will discuss your feedback with our technical support team today in our twice weekly staff meeting as part of our continued quality review process.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I feel that I have to agree with Doug on his point regarding closing issues. Whilst I received good fast feedback for both of the faults that I had logged with FRS. Both of them have also been closed with the 'we will fix this in a future version' comment. I run an IT service company and we leave all fault calls open until the customer confirms that the fault is rectified (or a reasonable period of no-response has passed). They have a status that reflects this on our service management system so don't clutter-up our dashboard/stats. This also means that for a fault affecting multiple customers (like the recent MS hotfix that caused Outlook to crash) we can easily notify all customers with this fault when a fix was available as not everybody looks at our website everyday.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Phil and Doug, on the off chance there is confusion regarding closing. I had suggested perhaps it was time to close this 'conversation'. The comments were getting um, combative. This, and any, conversation/thread is distinctly different than a trouble ticket oen has open with FRS. Maybe there was no confusion, hopefully not.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi Walt, no I don't think so, I am fairly sure that Doug and I were talking about FRS closing trouble tickets. Both of my tickets were closed because (to quote one of the emails that I received from FRS) "no further action can be taken in regards to this HelpDesk ticket" and "TX issue to be resolved in future version.." while I understand the desire to not have lots of open tickets that cannot be progressed until a version that fixes the issue is released, as a customer I wouldn't expect the ticket to be closed until the issue is resolved.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think it may have to do with what the help desk ticket is for. If it is something that Flex is working on with a customer by way of communications then the ticket would stay open. But if the problem can not be fixed this way and a new release is what is needed then the ticket would be closed. So the ticket would be open as per customer as they work with the customer. Phil, they stopped working with you as it can't be fixed in that way.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Bill, I am fully aware of 'why' they closed the ticket, my point (which is starting to get a bit laboured now) is that I think this is not the best way to operate from the customers perspective. This only really serves FRS and their ability to keep the number of open tickets to a minimum. By closing the ticket, it doesn't provide a mechanism for FRS to keep customers informed with progress and notify them when a fixed version has been released. I am just suggesting that they may wish to revisit this particular way of ticket handling and what I have found works well in the 25+ years that I have been providing technical support.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yes. Just install Solar.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

-or hook up a generator to a stationary bike and charge a battery.

I'm not to far from Howard, just over the tracks (and yes, I'm on the wrong side of the tracks).  Electricity is US$ 0.18 / KW.  Running a 6k series for 24 hours a day calculates to 29 cents.  The 6500 here is always on to avoid the thermal cycling, which I believe is bad for the long term.

Whilst I hope SSDR 1.6 is out soon I am **** glad they took the long weekend off to be with family!  Whomsoever would argue otherwise should go live in a cave.

Happy T-Day.

k3Tim

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    And how long will that payback period be? With the cost of solar panels, installation, maintenance, failures, cost of money, opportunity costs. Eighteen cents per kWh, if that includes generation and transmission costs is pretty darn good these days.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    In California you lease ur solar @$0.139 kWh. For what u use. Much cheaper than paying local utility $0.43 KWH. AND solar rate is FIXED for 20 years while utility increases @4-5% per annum

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.