Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

60 Meter channels?

W5XZ - dan
W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I took a quick spin across 60m and didn't see any 'channels' like we had. Did the regs change, and i missed it?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    No, the regulations did not change. The visual channelized 60m band segment indicators have not been implemented in SmartSDR yet. You can transmit in the defined channel bandwidth.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    so, proceed with caution, or is Tx disabled ?
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    ok, now I see; it's 'idiot proof'; the "TX Ready" toggles to "TX Not Ready" if I get outside a 60m channel...
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    It's not *completely* idiot proof. On 60m, we allow you to tune anywhere in the channel bandwidth (3kHz), but it is you responsibility to ensure that you do not emit energy out of the channel. For example, you can put a sideband carrier at almost the top of the channel and then talk and put energy out of the channel. Today we are not verifying that you are compliant from this standpoint. The channel indicators will help with this when we are able to do that. Steve

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.