Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6000 needs help for digital modes

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Ran the 6700 for the 10M RTTY contest this weekend. With no RIT I ran two panadapters with the upper using Slice A for TX and the lower with Slice B to RX. This actually worked nicely. My two problems were twofold: 1. Could not click on a spot and be on the stations frequency. PSDR has an offset for digital modes that compensated for this. 2. Could not click on a signal and be tuned to the right frequency. I like using a 300Hz filter centered on 1000Hz (915 Mark). I really wish there were a way to enter these user settings so that clicking a signal would center it in the filter passband. Other than these issues the radio performed well....no crashes or other anomalies. 73 Greg AB7R

Comments

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Greg, what rtty software are you using?
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Hi Don. I use N1MM and DXLabs Winwarbler, both use the MMTTY engine. Ideas?? Tnx Greg
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I have been using fldigi with a cf of 1500 hz which is what the 6x00 uses in digital mode. I click on a signal and then use the QSY button on fldigi to center the signal. Until or unless FRS decides to use fsk then we are stuck with the 1500 hz. I tried changing the cf, however, without persistence it reverts back to 1500 hz .
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Just not crazy about FLDigi for contests. An additional button click....between two windows....is not a good solution....especially in a busy contest. 10M-RTTY was not terribly busy but most are (RTTY RU coming up soon). Clicking from SSDR, FLD and then N1MM for each Q during S&P would be maddening. I am not a programmer but shouldn't it be a SMOP to apply the filter CF offset when you click on a signal so that it is automatically centered in the filter passband? 73 and good morning all! :) Greg
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    When PSDR was in it's early stages, this was a major problem for me. Digital Contesting and DXing wise. One of the unexpected problems that it caused was Cluster spot jumping or spotting. Either the DX station wasn't at the frequency of the Cluster Spot or worse, a cluster spot I put out resulted in others finding an empty frequency. After explaining it to the people a number of times, the RTTY offset option was added to the Cat Control page of PSDR. Adding the 2125 to DIGL corrected the math and Cluster spot jumps and spots were now correct. Certainly hope this can be adjusted quickly or I will be using my 5K longer than I thought.
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Ham radio delux. No Issues .
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Could that be the point ED? That we should not have to buy-learn how to use 3rd party programs to compensate for issues like this. Which is why I pestered Flex to add the offset feature in PSDR. So that all the programs I already used would work properly. Sort of like: If you like your program you can keep your program. and If you like your software provider you can keep your software provider. PERIOD. sorry, devil made me do that. But I think the point is relevant. I use a program suite that allows me almost instant band or mode change of the Flex, antenna switch, tuner, amp, to react to a signal no matter what mode or band. And as that works perfectly with PSDR, it seems logical to me that it should also work in the same fashion with SmartSDR. I have only made a few qsos with my 6K, as it's too much a hassle to switch cables, switch antenna coax, activate a sound card, etc. I'm patiently waiting for DAX, and persistence. At the moment, by the time I made all the changes the DX station will be long time qrt. LOL I'm not badmouthing, just patiently waiting for the above mentioned features to be implemented so I can ENJOY the radio with out having to work so hard.
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yes our president lies. Similar to some software programs. I decode rtty anywhere in my passband. Dm780. And if I center it I can use any and all the filters period. Not the president,s period for sure. I wait for Dax also. But so I can run remote.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm happy for you Ed. I'm sure you wish the same functionality for me and other digital users. It may be as simple as enabling FSK, which I'm waiting patiently for also.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.