Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

60 meters lost with 2.0.17 upgrade.

Phill Beistel
Phill Beistel Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
when trying to tune my antenna to channel 1 of 60 meters, The ATU refuses to do so. Even the Tune button does nothing. This used to work on 1.10.16 software. 1.11.12 also fails. What happened?

Answers

• Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited September 2017
    I also upgraded to 2.0.19 with the same result. Seems to have happened between 1.10.16 and the 2.0.17 release.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Check QRG and TX bandwidth
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    If 5.330.5 is used the tune button is available but as Phill stated it does nothing. If 5.330.55-5.330.7 It will tune and TX.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

Wonder if there is a Beta check list?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    In SSB and DIGx modes, TUNE is done on the carrier frequency to prevent QRM in the receive passband.  On 60m, this is a special case because you are at the edge of a channel and emission is not allowed at the carrier frequency because some of the RF energy is outside of the channel designation.  You need to tune to a frequency inside the channel bandwidth to use the TUNE feature as indicated by David above.
  • Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited September 2017

Many thanks. I tried that solution and it works. I guess I'll just have to remember that for next time!

73's

Phill (wb3dhf)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.