60 Meter problem

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I upgraded to V2 and now am unable to transmit on 60 meters using DIGU.  Anyone else have this problem?  Frequency 5357.0.  Using WSJT-X.  It worked fine with version 1.10.16.
Photo of KC3OL

KC3OL

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
I was able to tune there.  Let me try digu.   Well I cannot TX either there.  Interesting.  It seems to think it is out of band.

Transmit enables if I switch to digl but nowhere in 60m with digu does it enable.  
(Edited)
Photo of KC3OL

KC3OL

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Here is what I have found out.  I have High Cut set at 2800 and low cut set at 200.  Frequency is set at 5.357.  If I click the "Tune" button on the Flex nothing happens.  I see a very brief "Not Ready" message on the bottom of the screen.  If I click on the "Tune" button on the WSJT-X program it transmits OK.   So the only thing that isn't working correctly is the Flex Tune button when on 60 meters.  Does anyone else see this problem?
Photo of Alan Waller

Alan Waller

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mine will not tune on USB but will tune fine on CW. All bands except 60M work normal
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P

• 4239 Posts
  • 1351 Reply Likes
The Flex TUNE button tunes at Carrier Zero Beat in SSB and DigiU/L.  Normally this isn't a problem, but on 60 Meters, Carrier Zero Beat is outside the permissible frequency band for the 5 US voice channels authorized.

They might need a work-around only for 60 Meters that shifts TUNE frequency to something within the audio passband .

Ken - NM9P
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9197 Posts
  • 3557 Reply Likes
Ken is correct.
Photo of W9WLX-Chuck

W9WLX-Chuck

• 63 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
What is your transmit bandwidth set to?  </= 2800 Hz?

Chuck, W9WLX
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
I had mine set to 10k initially.  After seeing your post I changed it to 2400 and went back and suddenly TX is allowed.

I seem to think I tried changing the value while there the first time but it didn't take.  Anyway you are spot on.  I guess the TX bandwidth made it think it was out of band.
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P

• 4239 Posts
  • 1351 Reply Likes
Yes. If the tx bandwidth makes it possible for part of your signal to go out of band, theTX is inhibited. This applies to digi or SSB. Even if your actual signal on digi wouldn't be out of band, your next transmission might be at an audio frequency, or with sidebands that would be beyond the limit.
Photo of Pat - WH6HI

Pat - WH6HI

• 438 Posts
  • 81 Reply Likes
Use the profiles and set one or more for 60 m operation with the channel frequency and xmt bw. And any other parameters that suit you.....
(Edited)
Photo of Jerry - W2TXB

Jerry - W2TXB

• 90 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Just got a few minutes to play on 60-M SSB and just noticed this on my 6700 w/ SSDR 2.0 as well. I cannot use TUNE on USB on 5330.5, but I can on 5330.6. Then, I switch back to 5330.5 and can transmit OK. 

Using "TUNE in FLDigi on 5330.5 and 5330.6, it transmits a signal OK.