Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

60 meter allowed in France

Pat
Pat Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
hello,
60 meter is now allowed in France, but impossible to go on this band with PowerSdr.
is what I'm ordered to do only the costs of this band or PowerSDR designer they can do something. It's still a shame to have a transceiver clamped on all bands above those permitted
73's to all

Answers

• Daphne g7ena
    Daphne g7ena Member
    edited July 2016

Hello Pat,

Here in the UK we have had 60m for a while. When I first got my Flex 1500 it would not TX on 60m.

I made a call to the retailer from were I bought the Flex and they emailed me a "TURF" file which unlocked the Flex to TX on the UK 60m allocation.

Contact your supplier and I am sure they can do the same.

Daphne

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hello Pat,

In relation to TURF files contact Flex' European representative located in Germany.
    He is a very helpful chap.
    Tom, SP7WT
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Vous avez besoin d'un fichier "TURF" pour la France
    Contactez le revendeur qui vous a vendu la radio ou Flex aux Etats-Unis.

Ce n'est pas difficile

• Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    Thank's all for your aswer i try found Turf files but mu reseller do not exist now it will be complicate
    many thank's all

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Pat, on this page https://www.flexradio.com/distributors/

is the adress of your representative, just send an e-mail to

FlexRadio-EU@t-online.de

73, Alex - DH2ID

BTW are you using PowerSDR version 2.7.2?
    I am running a Flex-3000 with it and can do 60m if I want (and if I'm
    outside Germany :-() I have never had a turf file for PowerSDR,
    only my Flex 6500 needs it for SmartSDR.
  • Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2016
    thank' for info

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Please provide proof that 60m is available in France.  I can't find anything official from the government stating it is available.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Cette bande est autorisé dans près de 50 pays dont l’Angleterre et les Etats-Unis mais pas en France

This band is authorized in nearly 50 countries including Uk and USA BUT NOT IN FRance

it says it is NOT authorized in France Allez Les Bleus en Euro 2016
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I do not believe 60m is yet authorized in France under RR1.4.

Tim VE6SH
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    By the way a good source for 60M news is G4MWO's "5Mhz Newsletter" avaible at

http://tinyurl.com/zh65rb9

It also includes information on the R1 provisional band plan for the new WRC allocation.

Tim VE6SH
  • Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    read the link in my post whith link in it it's authorized with special autorisation of the French ANRF
    (agency of frequencies) ; it does not matter if here is too much problem with Flex..........

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Pat As I read the link, which was written way back in 2007, you need to write a letter to ANRF requesting experimental permission to operate on 60M. If you have received such permission send a copy to Flex and I am sure they can get you the correct TURF. file Comme je l'ai lu le lien , qui a été écrit en 2007 , vous avez besoin d'écrire une lettre à ANRF demandant l'autorisation expérimentale pour fonctionner sur 60M . Si vous avez reçu une telle permission d'envoyer une copie à Flex.
  • Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    beaucoup de juriste trés experimenté sur la legislation Française qui ont réponses à tous mais qui n'aboutisse à aucune réponses.
    Flex est peut-etre un club trés fermé ?

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Paul, I believe the link you listed here was from 2007. At that time  60M was on the agenda for WRC-07. II believe at that time France did allow some operations on 5 Mhz on a temporary basis. No allocation was granted in 2007.

Since that time, France has not allowed "temporary" operations on 60m as have some other countries (but check with your society,  REF). I suspect that will change when the new 5 Mhz allocation comes into effect in 2017 as the French administration supported the new band.

Tim VE6SH
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    When I first enquired about buying a Flex, I was told by my UK retailer that I would have to show my authorisation to operate on 60m and literally the next day I did not. I wonder why Flex seem to have to be obliged to ensure ham bands only operation when rigs with knobs (incl Icom 7300) are sold with a wide TX option, viz they can be made to TX over the whole RX range.
  • Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    it's a joke, when I bought my Flex the 6metres was allowed on specific request nearby ANFR yet my FLEX was 6 meters when they sold it to me. The problem is the same today with the 60 meters.up a fuss about it, you really have time to spare
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    ANRF Publication below does not seem to authorize 60M in France https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000027144455
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I am sure Flex will an official reply on Monday but as far as I know UK Flex radios should include a UK TURF files and from all reports does operate on 60M
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes sorry Paul I meant Pat.

Tim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Once 60m allocation for France is officially approved for all operators, we will accommodate the new band in an update of SmartSDR.  I suspect this will be after 1-Jan-2017
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The onus has always been on the distributor to modify the transmit frequencies in the country from which you purchased your radio.  However,  their compliance to do so is not always 100%.  This is a required condition of sale in those countries to comply with harmonized CE regulations, not an issue of making the operator complient.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.