Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

5000A feedback on transmit

Wally
Wally Member
When I transmit on my 5000A I get low pitch feedback of my voice from the speakers as well as the screen showing the audio. I thought it was RF so I ferrite beaded everything and installed a ground rod and grounded my rig to it...all to no avail. I do not have the MON box lit in PowerSDR. I tried a hand mic and I use a Heil 781 and they both get the same results. What am I missing?

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

If you turn the output power clear down to 0 output, do you still hear it?
    if not then you have RF being picked up by the speakers and or Speaker amp inside the speakers.

Unplug the speakers from the radio and turn them off .

plug in just a set of headphones, with the power back up, do you hear it with just headphones plugged in?
    If you do turn the output power clear down, do you still hear it?
    if not then you have RF. 
    You could be in the near field of the radiation pattern of your Antenna and may need to try to move your antenna further away.

If the feedback is just on the speakers then you may need to replace the speakers with some GOOD RF shielded speakers and some bypass capacitors across the speaker wires inside the speakers them selves.

good luck
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Wally
    Wally Member
    edited February 2016
    Thank you thank you! Drive set to 0...no feedback. Speakers off and headphones plugged in no feedback in the headphones. Speakers back on and so is the feedback. Now that I know where the problem is I can figure out a solution. I have been working on this for several weeks and I post here on the forum and you nailed it right off.
    73's Bret and thank you one more time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.