Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3rd Party SDRgadgets discussions.

Jay Nation
Jay Nation Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in New Ideas
Any third party discussions about SDRgadgets can be done in this "Third Party Applications and Products" Category thread.

Maybe if we do them here, we can avoid hijacking other important threads (BAD), We don't want to Spam the Community do we? We also might not need multiple threads.image

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Just bookmarked the SDRgadgets Wiki Jay.   Nice place to find Flex SDR related applications and information.    Thanks for your work involved with this. 
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Larry
    Your welcome, I'm just starting (after 2 years of hesitation) to get comfortable with trying to encourage more people to participate in the project. I've needed their participation all along, the early participants provided me with enough feedback to keep improving and working on the concept. Most of them seem to have moved on to other projects though. So I need to grow SDRgadgets a little more, or watch it die. I don't want to become a distraction in the Community, but if the Community is going to get any benefit from SDRgadgets the word has to get out. I get it. Creating content on a wiki might sound complicated to those that have never tried it. It's not really. It's not much harder than entering a post here in the Community.
    My hope is that some will see some value in the site, and add some content. At some point after people have thought about the concept. I really hope the content creation begins to snowball a little. It might happen. If we want it to. Meanwhile SDRgadgets just "is"

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

edited to fix the usual typo's

• N3FRP
    N3FRP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jay,

I have tried several times to register on SDRGadget... it keeps telling my userid is not available.

Can you help?   n3frp@ymail.com is the email I tried registering with.

Thanks in advance.

Frank N3FRP

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Frank 

I just now activated all three of you user registrations. Did you not receive any of the email address verification messages the website sent to your email address?

Never the less your here asking,so your not a Spammer, and you have a call sign. So all of our requirements, have been satisfied, so any of your accounts should now work.

Let me know if you have any further difficulties.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• N3FRP
    N3FRP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Jay,

Still no luck.......   I have tried to login  (browsers says WAITING on SDRGADGETS)

I have tried three different browers, turned off pop-up blockers, etc..

When I try to reset password I KEEP getting this **** pop-up.

I have cleared brower cache repeated across all three browsers. No luck... very frustrating.

Can you contact me on my personal email to work out details. No need to drag people through the gore here.  N3FRP at ymail.com.

Thanks!

Frank N3FRP

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Sure Frank will do.

then ...
    Houston we have a problem!
    I get this error sending mail to that address ...

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  4.7.1 <n3frp@obscured.com>: Relay access denied.
     Please check the message recipient "n3frp@obscured.com" and try again....

obscured by me.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Frank
    I run my own mail server from the same machine SDRgadgets runs on. It doesn't relay mail through anything, I'm not sure why ymail is rejecting email sent to you.

But that also explains why you had trouble registering on SDRgadgets. the Website sends a confirmation email to whatever email address you provided when you filled in the form. you registered 3 times, using 3 email addresses. the ymail address isn't going to work, and neither of the other 2 work, otherwise you wouldn't be having trouble. you failed to respond to the instructions sent to each of those 3 addresses, because you never received them. The error message I'm receiving from the ymail server indicates that ymail's server think's it's being asked to "relay". Is something wrong on your end maybe?

Maybe you could try sending me another valid email address, that I can then try to use.

I'm good on QRZ. 

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Frank 
    Mail sent to the email address, you emailed to me sent without error
    Did you get that test message?

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
              Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.