Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator Mouse on Felx 6k series?

Steve G1XOW
Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi all,

Has anyone connected the 3Dconnexion "SpaceNavigator" Mouse with SmartSDR / 6k. I have just purchased one of these, and it works great when connected to the PC for general PC navigation. But with its 6 axis control, it would make a truly superb single-hand controller for SmartSDR. Pan, Tune, Filter selection, MOX etc. could all be incorporated under one hand.

The space navigator comes with a pretty good key mapper, so this could be done without Flex R&D help, but are all the functions such as Pan/Tune/Filter etc. available as key strokes in SmartSDR, or is it simple mouse-only input?

http://www.3dconnexion.co.uk/products/spacemouse/spacenavigator.html

Cheers, Steve G1XOW

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    "...are all the functions such as Pan/Tune/Filter etc. available as key strokes..."

I am afraid they are are not.
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Tim,

Thanks for the reply. A great shame as it prevents SmartSDR being usable without a conventional mouse, and also limits experimentation, 3rd party solutions.

How about tune / pan / filter control commands via API then?

73 de Steve G1XOW

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    "How about tune / pan / filter control commands via API then?"

Absolutely!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Steve
    I haven't got the hardware, so this is just speculation. You mentioned that the controller software can be mapped to send keyboard commands, FRStacks can map keystroke macros to SmartSDR thru the API. Couldn't you setup a hotkey combination for whatever you wish to control in FRStacks and then Assign that keystroke to the controller with Space Navigator? Some of the Slider controls respond to PageUp and PageDown keystrokes, PageUp increments by 1, and PageDown decrements by 1. Also if you can deal with allowing SmartSDR to run fullscreen you can use AutoIt to create a keystroke macro that maps a keystroke to mouse clicks at any specific pixel on the screen. So you should be able to control anything that a mouse can control now. There should be some way to do whatever you wish to do with  the Space Navigator Controller. Don't give up hope of using it. It may just require some extra work to figure out how.image

73 - NO5J
  • chris hartley (G3VjV)
    edited January 2017
    Hi Steve, I got round the problem by writing some software that intercepts the keyboard commands and either use CAT commands or Tcp to send data to my Flex 6300, I have used the Griffin Powermate and the ShuttleXpress and both work very well, it would be nice if SmartSDR accepted keyboard commands but I guess that would be too easy :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.