Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3D Printing Slicing Software "Cura" causes 6300 to intermittently TX

Options
Mark - K9MQ
Mark - K9MQ Member ✭✭
Anyone 3D printing using Cura as a Slicer?  I use the same computer for slicing as SmartSDR is installed on.  When I have Cura open, the PTT on the 6300 intermittently keys and unkeys about every 8 seconds for a brief second.  Obviously Cura, is accessing a comm port that the Flex is using, but I can not figure out how to turn it off.  The 3D printer is not hooked up to the computer, I only slice files with Cura.

Thanks and 73!

Answers

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Printing a PTT switch   ?   ;-)

one thing to check is if it not try to send binary data to serial port ( CAT) 

quick googeling and seem it effectively use serial port ,so make sure it not try to use or find a printer on serial port used by CAT    
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The slicer program is walking through all the Com ports on your computer to see which ones are installed and active.  This is poor programming as it is change the RTS and DTR flags and that is what is causing your radio to go into TX.

You need to find a setting that turns this off or talk to the author of the slicer.

The Elecraft W2 desktop software does the same thing.

Mike

• Mark - K9MQ
    Mark - K9MQ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  Looks like I corrected the issue.  You have to go in "Plugins" and disable usb printing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.