Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2nd transverter on 6300 ?

i got a 2m transverters from the Ukraine and it works well,
is there a way i can add a 2nd transverter for another band ?
there's ony 1 transverter output on the 6300
cheers rob

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Yes, either add an RF switching relay or if you're willing to lose a few dB of receive gain you can split the transverter with a Mini Circuits power splitter. Without knowing the specifics on your transverter it's difficult to be more specific. I run a DEMI 2M PA, 222 MHz transverter, and 902 MHz transverter. Mack W 4AX Alpha Tester
  • hans weijers
    hans weijers Member
    edited December 2016
    I am using a diecast box with 2 transverters (2m and 4m) build in. The alu box is also the cooling for the TX-Fets. 1 input from the Flex6300, 1 output to the 2m/4m/6m EA-antenna and a 2m/4m relay switch in the alu box, connected to the ACC PTT. With 1 toggle switch on the front of the box and a couple of indication leds it works perfect. Just choose the 2m or 4m tranverter in the flex6300 menu and take care to set the 2m/4m switch from the tranverter box in the correct position.
    10W on 2m, 10W on 4m and a lovely overview of those band on the waterfall display.
    73, Hans PA0HWB
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • Rob Blackie
    Rob Blackie Member
    edited November 2016
    thanks for the replies guys , i shall try to digest them and come up with a solution that works for me, DJ that box seems rather expensive to me :0 ....

here is is the cheap but effective transverter i am using
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291756989977?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AI...
    thanks Rob 2M0LDT
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi Rob,  Well I understand your comment on price. I have 10 expensive German made transverters that on average cost $1,500.00 each. The amplifiers, preamps and coaxial relays behind them more than triple that cost. A $600.00 unit to make sure everything switches correctly is a small price to pay for me. My operating conditions are different than yours. Good luck coming up with a solution that works for you.
  • Rob Blackie
    Rob Blackie Member
    edited November 2016
    OUCH ! im just a poor wee Scotsman :)
  • Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited November 2016
    I just put together a second transverter with the attenuator board so I could use it with 28MHz from ANT2 , planning duplex capability for satellite working. But then finding I can't transmit where I want as considered out of band! So I may revert to your solution and forgo the duplex,. I have a 6300.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Got to love the Kuhne gear. The DEMI stuff I bought is great... but it doesn't look the part... but the Kuhne stuff.... oh my! Sweet!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.