2nd transverter on 6300 ?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
i got a 2m transverters from the Ukraine and it works well,
is there a way i can add a 2nd transverter for another band ?
there's ony 1 transverter output on the 6300
cheers rob
Photo of Rob Blackie

Rob Blackie

• 122 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mack McCormick

Mack McCormick, Elmer

• 378 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Yes, either add an RF switching relay or if you're willing to lose a few dB of receive gain you can split the transverter with a Mini Circuits power splitter. Without knowing the specifics on your transverter it's difficult to be more specific.

I run a DEMI 2M PA, 222 MHz transverter, and 902 MHz transverter.

Mack
W 4AX
Alpha Tester
Photo of hans weijers

hans weijers

• 27 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I am using a diecast box with 2 transverters (2m and 4m) build in. The alu box is also the cooling for the TX-Fets. 1 input from the Flex6300, 1 output to the 2m/4m/6m EA-antenna and a 2m/4m relay switch in the alu box, connected to the ACC PTT. With 1 toggle switch on the front of the box and a couple of indication leds it works perfect. Just choose the 2m or 4m tranverter in the flex6300 menu and take care to set the 2m/4m switch from the tranverter box in the correct position.
10W on 2m, 10W on 4m and a lovely overview of those band on the waterfall display.
73, Hans PA0HWB
Photo of Bob - G3WKW

Bob - G3WKW

• 38 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I just put together a second transverter with the attenuator board so I could use it with 28MHz from ANT2 , planning duplex capability for satellite working. But then finding I can't transmit where I want as considered out of band! So I may revert to your solution and forgo the duplex,. I have a 6300.
Photo of Jd Dupuy

Jd Dupuy

• 155 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1770 Posts
  • 542 Reply Likes
Got to love the Kuhne gear. The DEMI stuff I bought is great... but it doesn't look the part... but the Kuhne stuff.... oh my! Sweet!
Photo of Rob Blackie

Rob Blackie

• 122 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
thanks for the replies guys , i shall try to digest them and come up with a solution that works for me, DJ that box seems rather expensive to me :0 ....

here is is the cheap but effective transverter i am using
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291756989977?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AI...
thanks Rob 2M0LDT
(Edited)
Photo of Jd Dupuy

Jd Dupuy

• 155 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Hi Rob,  Well I understand your comment on price. I have 10 expensive German made transverters that on average cost $1,500.00 each. The amplifiers, preamps and coaxial relays behind them more than triple that cost. A $600.00 unit to make sure everything switches correctly is a small price to pay for me. My operating conditions are different than yours. Good luck coming up with a solution that works for you.
Photo of Rob Blackie

Rob Blackie

• 122 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
OUCH ! im just a poor wee Scotsman :)