Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2MLDPA doesn't power up

Doug
Doug Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just received my 2MLDPA from q5signal.
It is configured for remote operation (DC power, LNA, transmit) and for Common RF output.

It is not powering up - no LEDs are on and fan is off.  I measured 14.4 v on the power connector.

Is there an interface cable wiring diagram available?

I have connected the DC power cable to a DC power supply, the accessory cable USB to one of the flex 6700 USB ports, the trans BNC to the flex xvtr BNC, and the RX/ANT N to my 2m antenna.

Under USB cables settings, I have:
Name: 2MLDPA
Serial: FT2HDTPJ
Cable Type: LDPA
Band: 2m
Preamp: Internal

With a single RX slice:
The transmit and receive antennas are both set to XVTR.
The frequency is 146.52 MHz and the modulation is FM.
DAX reports TX and RX 1 are both streaming.

Do I have the correct cable connections and SmartSDR configuration?

Flex-6700 info:
Serial: 3218-9797-6700-0100, Max Licensed Version: v3, Radio ID: 00-1C-2D-02-0E-A5,  Radio Internet: NOT Available, Radio Firmware: v3.0.27.131

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2019
    Q5 answers emails at all hours. 

They don't monitor this group, but I would email right away.  

Mike

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks - did that.  Also hoping for a reply from someone who is using this amp with remote config and perhaps SmartSDR v3.0.27.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    So with my unit I ordered the “remote control” option which includes an accessory port plug in — with one line going to a USB dongle (that plugs into the back of the Flex) and another wire that I soldered to an RCA type jack that I plugged into one of the TX female ports on the back of the Flex. Both are needed. The SmartSDR software is told about the USB Cable type (LDPA as you mentioned) but it is my understanding that the RCA jack carries the Flex signal back through the 2MLDPA accessory port which triggers the device to power on.

It receives its power-on signal as long as the Flex is showing a 2m frequency. And when it is powered off it will default to pass-through any other IF signal along to another amp (for example the Q5 440MHz amp.)

This is all from memory at the moment but I think this is correct. There is no “power switch” because power is applied (via an internal relay) only when a correct frequency is entered. It was working using 2.4.9 and it is still good for me with 3.1.7.

Can someone give a better explanation for Doug?
    Cheers to all.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    This can be closed.
    Turns out the configuration I listed originally is correct for this (current) version of the amplifier.
    The problem was a bad slot on a Powerpole connection block.
    After moving to a different slot, the power LED came on before the 6700 finished booting.
    The amp meets the power output spec and the FM audio sounds fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.