Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2m recieved down

G4YDO
G4YDO Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
my 6700 on 2m with a demi amp seems to have dropped right down on receive. it's like i have an attenuator on. this could a hardware fault but before i send it for repair,  am i missing anything in smartsdr software?

Comments

• Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited January 2019
    Funny you mention that, I have noticed on my 6700 that 2m receive sometimes just flat lines until I move the VFO then the receiver kicks in and it runs as it should. 
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This has been a problem with the 6700 since it first came out.  Another aggravating issue is the steps you have to go through to open a 2 meter panadapter along with several other panadapters on other bands and not have all of the panadapters change to 2 meters.   I've gotten so frustrated with this that I've turned the whole thing off and walked away a few times.  There is no reason this has gone on for years without being addressed.   Who knows maybe it works fine with the IOS app...
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    In order to get the 6700 up there into 2 Meters FRS has to do some heavy electronic voodoo with the 6700's Nyquist frequency and digital filters. If you look closely at FRS's software updates, where they report bug fixes, this particular "gotcha" is never reported as fully solved... Perhaps some day, but at this point it is not a major problem - more a recurring annoyance. Very often I have to switch the receive antenna from XVTR to something else, then back to XVTR to get reception on 2 Meters....
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited January 2019
    I thought I was on my own with this issue as never really looked at it on here before, I totally agree all the switching that has to be done to get 2m to work is a PIA opening a 2m panadapter can become very frustrating, once I have 2m open I try to leave it open.

re IOS SmartSDR it's just as bad if not worse, a couple of times I could not get it to work and had to go back into the shack reload Windows SmartSDR and reconfigure.

It's not a deal breaker but hopefully they will fit it soon.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The way I see it is when your kid pops into the world, it is not ready to do Quantum Mechanic wave equations (or Maxwell's matrix equations either, for that matter).

This is the bleeding edge and I expect more than a few "growing pains".

The only way to negate all risks of any technological missteps is to trade all your stuff in for a classic Collins pair of rcvr/tx...

That's just looking back. I'm looking forward.
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited December 2016
    It's all good fun and a great hobby.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Another issue I've been having with the 6700 is, as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to zero beat and adjust to a frequency standard on 2 meters.  My rig is quite a ways off and it is frustrating using 2 meters because I'm always off frequency.

Due to all of these issues, I often end up using a different radio on 2 meters and that just isn't right.  One of the reasons I bought the 6700 was because it includes 2 meters.

I love the radio, I love the technology, I am just frustrated that it takes years to address some of the issues that are preventing or limiting basic functionality.  I thought these issues should have been some of the first ones addressed - get the basic functionality of the product optional and stable prior to adding more features.

I guess I'm one of the only people that look at it this way because other than me, I haven't heard anyone else even bring up any of these issues before.

In the mean time, I'm being patient and waiting.......
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Give me a break Roy.  As an IT professional, I've lived on the bleeding edge most of my life.   We're bringing up issues with the radios and if you don't like what's being said, your answer is for folks to sell their radio?   Nice one... Geez....  I love the radio and the technology behind it but when I notice something that isn't working the way it needs to or is expected to, I'm going to voice my opinion.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Ah, comeon Norm, do I have to "salt" everything in <HIHI>'s to get across the fact that this is all "tongue in cheek?

If we were the olde codgers that refuse to use any equipment minted after 1955 we all wouldn't be here!

You can grouse as much as you like. I would never stop you, but...

Lighten up Norm, and smell the roses.

Ya only "go around" once!

Roy AC2GS
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Norm - I believe that Roy's "sell your stuff" comment was a little tongue-in-cheek.  At least that is how I took it.  Let's everyone take a breath relax.  Thanks.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thank you Tim.

We seem to be living in more "cranky" short tempered times...

<HIHI><HIIHI><HIHI><HIHI> (let's see if Burt has REALLY left)

Roy AC2GS
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the info. I hope these issues get sorted as I am looking to upgrade to a 6700 for so2r diversity and 4m/2m reasons, so you are not alone .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.