Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2 meter receive on the 6700

Options
Drax
Drax Member
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I noticed while monitoring in the weak signal 144.110 range that my local two meter repeater on 145.410 can raise the noise floor across the whole band from -130 up to around -90 db.   What's up with that?  I thought the Flex handled strong nearby signals well?  That's a full 1 MHz away.

Answers

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

No answers, two questions:

Open out the panadapter and look for an increase of noise floor as you approach 145.410.  If so, it may be the repeater is injecting phase noise or it may be part of the modulation.  You will be listening on SSB/CW (since FM isn't ready yet).

Is the noise blanker on?  It can react to other signals it doesn't like.

• Drax
    Drax Member
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The other two meter repeaters on the band look fine.  I contacted the local club to look into the repeater.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.