Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2014 CQWW CW Contest -- N1MD

Mike_N1MD
Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I operated the contest this weekend as a single operator, assisted, all bands except 160 meters.

Search and Pounce only.

17 hours of operating time netted me 384 QSOs and a score of over 425,000.

Used my Flex-6700, N1MM Logger+, Winkeyer, an Elecraft KPA500 amp and a log periodic antenna at 72 feet for 10 thru 40 meters. 80 meters via a dipole in sloper configuration.

Flawless. Not a single bump.

I also tried CW Skimmer with SDR Bridge for the first time. Very interesting and I can see that I would use it often during a CW contest. However, I cannot seem to master how to adjust the offset so I am decoding the signal that the radio is tuned to. Spent some wasted time trying to work that out. If anyone has advice, please chime in.

Mike, N1MD

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Mike - you need to use SDR-Bridge (http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.html) with CWSkimmer.  Skimmer is not aware of the panadapter IQ passband and how it can dynamically change.  SDR-Bridge compensates for that.
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks, Tim. I AM using SDR Bridge with CWSkimmer but I am clearly doing something wrong since I have an offset I cannot seem to conquer.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Do you have the CWS option checked to accept skimmer commands?

Greg
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You don't set the offsets.  They are passed dynamically to CWSkimmer via a TCP connection from SDR-Bridge.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    If you are having a problem setting up SDR-Bridge, you should use the form on the http://www.qrv.com/contact.html page to request assistance.
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Greg,
    Where is this option located?
    Mike
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I think its on the CW Skimmer Telnet tab (where you set the port).

I ran across this very same problem and checking that option fixed it.  I think that is how the bridge program and others pass the LO frequency to CWS.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.