2014 CQWW CW Contest -- N1MD

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
I operated the contest this weekend as a single operator, assisted, all bands except 160 meters.

Search and Pounce only.

17 hours of operating time netted me 384 QSOs and a score of over 425,000.

Used my Flex-6700, N1MM Logger+, Winkeyer, an Elecraft KPA500 amp and a log periodic antenna at 72 feet for 10 thru 40 meters. 80 meters via a dipole in sloper configuration.

Flawless. Not a single bump.

I also tried CW Skimmer with SDR Bridge for the first time. Very interesting and I can see that I would use it often during a CW contest. However, I cannot seem to master how to adjust the offset so I am decoding the signal that the radio is tuned to. Spent some wasted time trying to work that out. If anyone has advice, please chime in.

Mike, N1MD
Photo of Mike - N1MD

Mike - N1MD

• 86 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes
Mike - you need to use SDR-Bridge (http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.html) with CWSkimmer.  Skimmer is not aware of the panadapter IQ passband and how it can dynamically change.  SDR-Bridge compensates for that.
Photo of Mike - N1MD

Mike - N1MD

• 86 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks, Tim. I AM using SDR Bridge with CWSkimmer but I am clearly doing something wrong since I have an offset I cannot seem to conquer.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes
You don't set the offsets.  They are passed dynamically to CWSkimmer via a TCP connection from SDR-Bridge.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes
If you are having a problem setting up SDR-Bridge, you should use the form on the http://www.qrv.com/contact.html page to request assistance.
(Edited)
Photo of Greg

Greg

• 656 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Do you have the CWS option checked to accept skimmer commands?

Greg
(Edited)
Photo of Mike - N1MD

Mike - N1MD

• 86 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Greg,
Where is this option located?
Mike
Photo of Greg

Greg

• 656 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
I think its on the CW Skimmer Telnet tab (where you set the port).

I ran across this very same problem and checking that option fixed it.  I think that is how the bridge program and others pass the LO frequency to CWS.