Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2 Radios separate networks one SmartLink Account

Options
Peter Schudel
Peter Schudel Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi folks, we are two operators in different state. Each one runs a FLEX 6300 with V3. We now want to use our system cross wise. I figured out  that we must use only one common SmartLink Account. The question is about the registration of the machines.  Do we both have to unregister the HW and then one has to log into the common SmartLink and register his radio. Then log out and pass the account over to the collegue for doing the same procedure for his HW?
Will it be possible to select a specific machine in the chooser...connect it and work all modes with DAX and CAT properly?  Or do we have to take care of some specials?
Thanks for giving us hints! 
Peter HB9ASV

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Define "cross wise"

73 Chris
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options

Station A wants to fully utilize B's station and B wants to utilize A's station at the same time.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    OK, but that is nothing special. Yes it works. OP A and OP B work remote.

But i think that is not the question from Peter
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    As I read the question, it is about how to set up the smartlink accounts. You should be able to use the existing smartlink accounts, or set up additional ones if you don't want to share passwords.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    >> or set up additional ones if you don't want to share passwords. <<

How that work? More then one account possible?

• Peter Schudel
    Peter Schudel Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your answer. My problem is solved so far. We set up a common account and shared the password. A little bit tricky was to unregister our radios from our previous accounts and then to register them again in the new common one. Now we see our radios in the chooser list, and we can connect vice versa. I hope everything works now as usual even when switching from one radio to the other. Using both simultanously needs two PCs I assume. 73, Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.