Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2 Meters on 6700

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
I will have my new 6700 sometime next week.  I have been using a Flex-5000A for the last several years for both 2 meters and 70cm.  How good is the 2 meter receive on the 6700?  I do have a mast mounted pre-amp for 2 meters but it will be some time before I can get it on the tower.  Just curious how well the 2 meter receive is on the 6700.  I am waiting for Downeast Microwave to redesign their 2 meter amp and then I will be able to use the 6700 on transmit.

Burch

Answers

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Hi   i just testing that right now ...

my test show that direct connection to  radio and +30db internal pre-amp have great result 
    that take me a 31db signal to noise whit -109db rf signal  at input ...

whit the 2MLDPA  got similar result  whit signal to noise ratio ,but in that case radio  build in pre-amp setting not really change result ... 

whit a WA2ODO pre-amp direct on radio  in my urban zone whit pager tower very loud @ 143.866 input overload
    and got lot of inter modulation 

so all my test point that direct radio connection work best and have great performance even if it on second Nyquist of the ADC 

was curious if some one a flex have measure the noise figure and sensitivity of the radio in VHF ?  
     ( find in doc   ADL5534 +20 dB gain, 2.5  dB noise figure )

p.s. the L144-28 is easy to transform into a 2MLDPA  let me knot if need modification 

73 VE2OLM  Marc L.
  • Mike Smoot
    Mike Smoot Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I see that Down East Microwave has posted a notice on their website, indicating they have halted production of their 2MLDPA amplifier due to problems obtaining the existing enclosure, and obsolescence of the 75W hybrid module.  It says they are currently doing a full redesign to use a different architecture, in a smaller enclosure that will complement the 6700 in appearance, having 50W maximum output.   Check their site for details.    73 KB1MH  Mike

• Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Kuhne  made one to

http://shop.kuhne-electronic.de/kuhne/en/shop/amateur-radio/power-amplifiers/MKU+PA+2M60W+HY2++VHFMO...

or for "do it your self" lover
    http://www.minikits.com.au/electronic-kits/rf-amplifiers/rf-high-power/2m-8W-Amplifier

whit +8dbm  it output ~2.5W  just good for drive a W6PQL VHF kilowatt VHF deck  
    i play whit that configuration now ...

http://www.w6pql.com/2m/2mkit.htm

73!
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    50W output would be perfect for me since my full legal limit 2 meter amp only takes 40-45 watts of drive for 1500 watts output.  I spoke via email with downeast and they said they hoped to have some info posted on the new design by the end of April.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.