Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2 meter offset won't key up 2MLDPA

Todd
Todd Member
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a Flex 6700 running 1.11.12 and recently connected it to a 2MLDPA via USB. When changing the frequency to 2M the 2MLDPA turns on ok. When I start to transmit on simplex both the 2MLDPA and flex key up and transmit ok. When I selecting the - or + offset and transmit, flex will key up (red light comes on) however the 2MLDPA will not key up (green power light remains on, the RX light or bars don't come on).

I have reinstalled SDR on the computer and downgrade/upgrade firmware on Flex. Same results if I click transmit through SDR or on physical hand mic connect to the front of Flex.

When using a Maestro, the same issue occurs (2MLDPA will transmit on simplex but not when an offset selected).

If I want to use a repeater, my workaround has been to have 2 panadaptors open (one TX and other for RX).

I have checked the setting (Settings > USB Cables) and the cable type is set to LDPA & 2m, there isn't really anything else to configure. 

Comments

• Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Do you need a PTT CABLE from THE TX port on the 6700 to the amp? And enable the TX port under radio settings.
  • Todd
    Todd Member
    edited January 2018
    PTT is sent over the USB cable. When in simplex, Flex sends PTT and 2MLDPA keys up just fine. It's like Flex is not sending PTT signal when an offset is selected in Flex.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Make sure your offset is not out of band. I have the same setup and it works ok.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Todd,

This sounds like an offset issue. The 2MLPDA will not transmit if the offset puts it into an out of band transmit frequency. I would first put it into "simplex" mode to see if that cures it. The offset assumes the entry is in "Mhz" so the offset for 2 meters should be entered as dot 6 (.6).

Jim

ka7gzr

• Todd
    Todd Member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you very much, I had 600 and changing it to the correct offset value of 0.6 worked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.