Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2.0 Remote Operation PPT & Remote On Off

Options
AA0Z
AA0Z Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Looking at upgrading to version 2.0 as this is what I'd like to do. Not sure it's possible, but I'm sure someone in this forum will tell me!

My QTH has horrible noise, S9 noise on most of the bands.  A friend of mine has S2 noise at his house with room for antennas with great internet access.  

I'd like to put my Flex 6300 at his house to operate remotely with version 2.0 for both casual operation and contests. I use N1MM for logging on my laptop. No Maestro yet, but might be in the works.

Two questions.

1) Does version 2.0 have a remote on function so I can turn the Flex on/off when in use/not in use?

2) I want to setup a PPT footswitch like I'm local, but be remote with my laptop.  Please no answers to links where I have to jimmy an existing footswitch with an arduino board and write code.  I'd like to find something off the shelf if possible

3) Need to purchase a remote antenna switcher (2x6) to work with the system.  Any suggestions for remote operation antenna switching?  I'm sure there are a ton of answers already discussed, but has there been any updates in the 2.0 software to make better use?

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    There is no facility in SmartSDR to turn the radio off/on. You need to do this yourself. Personally I think the idea of turning off the radio when not in use is antiquated. It is designed to remain on continuously. But if you want to do so, you can rig up a webswitch to the remote power switch in the back.

As for the footswitch:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/usb-ptt-foot-switch

Ria
  • AA0Z
    AA0Z Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks Ria for the info on the remote on/off.  I was hoping this was something 2.0 brought to the software.  Not really interested in leaving the unit on 24/7.

For the footswitch, as I've seen that post before in my research.  I was looking for something I didn't have to solder and code, as I don't have the skillset.  Willing to learn, just don't have the time right now.  Was looking for something off the shelf that's quick.

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Kyle

At the moment, there is no off the shelf solution to do what you want to do for a foot switch.  If there is, I have yet to find it.

As for power, install any of the available Wemo or iHome remote power switches and you can turn it of from any web page you can get to.   I have used both and they work fine, 90% of the time, the sad thing is that none of them perfectly all the time.  So, I gave up on them for anything I had to trust and ended up installing the remoteqth server with over 16 relays.

I know that doesn't help you at the moment, but I wanted to share.

Mike

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Looks like Mike and Ria almost have you completely covered.  as far as your remote antenna switching...

http://cart.flexradio.com/Antenna-Genius-8x2-Plus_p_970.html

and there is a 6 x 2
    http://www.4o3a.com/index.php/products/antenna-switchers/6x2-antenna-switcher/

A usb foot switch that can be purchased turn key would be a very valuable item with Smart Link and the remote community in general..  I would be grateful if either FRS or a third party company could produce such an item.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.