Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2.0.19 AGC-improvements ?!?

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After installing the new 2.0.19 it seems the dreaded AGC pop has been addressed. Even if bands are poor and not that many strong signals available for testing, I am currently unable to create the annoying pop that was so evident with sharper filter option.
I had a look at the change log, but nothing.... Am I dreaming?
Update:
Yes I was dreaming... just found a strong enough signal, and the pop is definitely stil there :(

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    what radio are you using?
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    As it reads at the top, 6500 and SSDR 2.0.19
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    In general, if the issue is not listed in the change log, then it has not been addressed.  Occasionally a fix in another part of the code will serendipitously address other issues, but these are usually under the covers performance tweaks and optimizations.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Performance tweaks and optimizations can absolutely eliminate such a problem even thought it may not have been directly addressed as Tim says.  We made many of those kinds of performance improvements in the code for this release.
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited September 2017
    That response make me warm and fuzzy and HAPPY!
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

I wish you would address my child audio issue in (DIV) mode with the Maestro. I hope each time a release is made that it will be fixed. I review the release notes and find nothing. Than I hope it is a undocumented fix- still nothing.

Alas I retreat to my bedroom and sob for days...

Jim

Crying in Seattle...

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Jim, I'm in Seattle too (downtown) -- so we ought to meet up and get acquainted with our Flex setups. Please email me privately: jspady (at) mac (dot) com. Thx!
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    @ka7gzr Is there an issue number associated with your DIV problem?  Or is there another thread that talks about it?  If so, could you link it?  Thanks.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

Hi Eric,

This is #3712 in the defect database.

The main issue I have with the Maestro is the inability to control the volume of the "child" in Diversity mode from the front panel. If A is the "parent" and B is the "child" control of A is through the front panel knob. Control of B volume must be done through the "Audio" page. This is not consistent with the implementation of the Windows SmartSDR version which has a Master Volume control. 

Both Tim and Dudley have worked with me on this.

Jim

ka7gzr

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Tim, Gerald, i am was on 40m yesterday evening with pretty good propagation to pacific and BTW many strong local CW stations (59 +20/+30) and wonna put a note here with 2.0.19 :
    AFC fast mode producing "click" which is not present with  Middle or Slow AGC modes.
    This ia very audible with strong signals, however with signals below 59 just masked.
    I am running with sharp filters in radio setup with 400Hz width.
    Radio F6700, SW 2.0.19, Headphones connected directly to the Radio
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    Sergey, this behavior is written up as defect #4505.  I have added your comments to the defect detail.  Thanks for the information.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Tim, just send update with 2.0.19, your attention highly appreciated. Thank your !

• Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    Пожалуйста

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.