Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1W out with FLEX-1500 after update

Richard Gasparik
Richard Gasparik Member ✭✭
Hi all,

I update PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8.0 from build 80 to 113 and my FLEX-1500 is running 1W max instead of 5W. I don't know where is a problem...

Any idea?

Richard OK8WW

Comments

• Gavin Badenhorst
    edited February 2019
    Confirm that the drive and the tune is set at 100. The default tune drive sets at 10. I am presuming you are using the same power meter that you used before the upgrade.
  • Richard Gasparik
    edited February 2019
    Yes, drive and tune is set to 100, using always he same power meter..
  • Richard Gasparik
    edited February 2019
    funny, I came back to build 92 and it works...looks like a bug in the sw...
  • Gavin Badenhorst
    edited February 2019
    Good stuff so the radio is 100%
    If you send KE9NS an email he will respond pretty quickly. He has helped me before. Regards Gavin ZS6BG
  • Richard Gasparik
    edited January 2020
    I'm sure he is on the list here...happy that the radio is OK :)
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Rich, I own a Flex-1500, check your antenna selection, it may be set for a transverter. Just a thought.
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Are you selecting Tune button?  Select Tune,  then while the "Tun"   is selected,  then move the " Drive "  control to 100 % .   There is a normal operation and then a Tune selection WHILE selected only ..   The default is 10% not 100% in Tune. 

Dudley
    WA5QPZ

• KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I tested my 1500 running v2.8.0.113 with no issues (5 watts out to a dummy load).
    As a test, do a  Setup->Factory Defaults (this will make a backup of your current database to you desktop first). Or a SHIFT+CTRL+C and do a restore calibration from the EEPROM to your database and see if that fixes it? (with Tune reset back to 100)

Darrin ke9ns.com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.