Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.1 instructions - DAX Driver Error

Mark - NU6X
Mark - NU6X Member
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
First, I wanted to praise Flex on the 1.1 software, it truly is like having a new radio.

I think Steve's "SmartSDR v1.1 available on time and exceeding promised feature set" recent post  is causing some confusion that is creating the "DAX Driver Error". The 8 step process under "Upgrading SmartSDR for Windows" should state that the DAX Control panel needs to be closed.  This is stated in the Release Notes  but the Release Notes are not  available until step 5 which is already to late. I would have downloaded the release note first but I couldn't find a link for them.
    I suggest a very visible  link be added for the notes and a clear suggestion to read the notes prior to running the installer. Since the link to "SmartSDR v1.1 available on time and exceeding promised feature set" is being displayed at the top of the  FlexRadio Community, I would   modify it by adding a link to the notes and adding "Stop DAX Control Panel" step . This will help prevent this error for others.

Is there a way to download the Release Notes from the Flexradio Community??

PS Thanks Flex for the implementation of VOX under DAX!!

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We acknowledge the issue and will be working on the installation process to remove the manual configuration steps from future versions of SmartSDR.  Thanks for the feedback.
  • Dave , W5DJB
    Dave , W5DJB Member
    edited February 2014
    I had the error and the DAX Control Panel was closed.  It complained about something already using one of the reserved channels.  I uninstalled DAX drivers and SmartSDR before re-installing.  Worked fine then.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.