1803 update procedure

• Praise
  • Updated 5 months ago
Thanks to Tim Ellison's excellent procedure the update went smooth as silk on my 6400. I must admit I had my fingers, toes and whatever crossed hoping it went smooth....it did
Thanks Tim and FLEX
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 71 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of W8QB

W8QB

• 158 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
That’s what I thought until I realized 1803 had mangled my DAX IQ settlings. As outlined in my recent post, the solution was to rename mislabeled DAX device names.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3471 Reply Likes
You're very welcome.
Photo of Kevin N9JKP

Kevin N9JKP

• 39 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Tim, I too want to thank you!  I followed your instructions and today when I did the update to 1803 followed by reloading SmartSDR 2.2.8 everything was flawless.
Photo of Art - N4QNT

Art - N4QNT

• 40 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Would love to know the procedure.. Is there a PDF or step by step available somewhere?? I experienced the DAX warning window after the Win10 update.. Luckily I was able to roll back to previous Win and working fine.. B
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 71 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Yes..in the community search for "1803 Update"   by Tim also Neal Campbell had "Tips and Tricks"
Neil

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/important-notice-windows-10-update-1803-precautions

Windows Spring Update (1803) Tips and TricksThere have been several types of problems witnessed with the new release of Windows that has started to be distributed to customers as of...
  L