160 mt limitation

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered

Hello there, few months ago I bought a Flex 6300 from German distributor.

As I’m planning a forthcoming winter trip through France, Germany, UK and Scotland with particular focus on 80 e 160 mt activity, I realized that my rig is transmitting only from 1.830 – 1.850 that is the part of band allowed in Italy. This was absolutely amazing and turned me red! I do know that in Italy I have to transmit on that range, but having a rig blocked like this means that I can use it only in Italy and if I want to take it for an abroad activity, as I’m rightly planned to do, well my activity should be limited to Italian band plan.

I think this is not fair; I payed for a “full working” rig and this doesn’t seem to be my case. I want to be free to go wherever I want with my rig and be free to transmit where the local band plan permits it.

So I exchanged several mails with the German distributor explaining my request, and asking for a different TURF (e.g. Region1 type) which allows me to transmit from 1.810 – 2.000, as it is permitted on the country I’ve planned to visit. After very long time waiting for their reply, they shortly said  that on my rig there is an “Italian TURF”( ???)  and they can’t provide different one. Being things like this means that I’ve got an half- service working rig? I want a full 160 mt Region 1 working rig, then is my responsibility to transmit in the allowed slot.

Please let me know how can I fix it.

Thanks for  your help, Antonio IZ8XQC

Photo of Anto IZ8XQC

Anto IZ8XQC

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • disappointed

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9013 Posts
  • 3413 Reply Likes
Official Response
Please open a HelpDesk support ticket. We'll address your issue on Monday.