Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

13 Colonies Special Event 2018

Rick  WN2C
Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
Well the event is over and I was able to make a Clean Sweep of all 13 Colony stations. Some were difficult to pull out but the Flex 6400M was able to hear through the noise and lousy band conditions. I did not get the 2 bonus station...oh well.

I do have one question tho...Why does the receive equalizer go to flat response when you have 2 different bands on? I was on 20 and the second slice was on 40 late in the day and noticed it when in the audio menu.
Well it may have been also the fact that I did down grade to 2.28 after having a problem the other day and did not reset it. Anybody notice this behavior?

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I don't know if this is documented in the manual or not.
    The RX EQ settings are currently saved with the Mic Profile.  (Except for CW)  The change happens when a new Mic Profile is made active with a change in the Active TX Slice.

When you changed to the other slice, you may also have had a different Mic Profile go active along with the TX Slice switch.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for that Ken, but I just switched between 2 slices and on different bands and it did not change the receive EQ. My thinking is when I down graded the software to 2.28 from 2.3 the receive EQ did not have persistence and it was not on and all set to zero (flat) and I did not check it after down grading. The Mic profile did not change either even after down grading.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I was able to get a clean sweep and both bonus stations. Had 14 of the 15 in the first 36 hours but took a while to get CT as I had to wait 3 more days for them to ahow up on 80 meters. They were too close for other bands. Dave wo2x
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I got them all too and sent off for the certificate.
  • Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Got all 13 + 2 for the first time from FL. GB was down low low low in CW but got 'em after many tries. Used mostly FT8 with a little CW thrown in. Always tough going with a only a wire literally thrown over and laying on the cement roof tiles due to HOA restrictions. QSLs out to all & request for certificate also sent. Using a 6500.
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    With the spot feature, I felt like I was cheating. ;-)
    Bob, WK2Y
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I wish I had it working while trying to get all the Colony stations. It sure would have beat using Eham and DXsummit. K2F I didn't see all day on 20 or 40 until the early evening of the last night. Finally got them on 40 for the clean sweep.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.