Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

13 colonies event 2017

dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in New Ideas
The 13 colonies event will be here soon, starts July 1st.. join in on the fun this year...

This will be my 4th year participating

More details here: http://www.13colonies.net/ 

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I am an operator for K2I in NJ. Hope to work some of you. 
    This will be the first time doing the event with my Flex. However, I'm running low power since I don't have an amp. BUT I will have the MonstIR back up. 

Ria

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have the Colonies certificate on the wall from 2014, the first year I had my 6500.  All 13 + WM3PEN and W3FT, all on CW.

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    See you on the air - Hopefully you will share contacts with the Radio Amateurs Canada (RAC) Canada Day contest - All July 1 00:00 - 23:59 Z.
    The BC host station (VE7RAC) will have my 6700 on CW - But we will be running an amp to get through the East Coast QRM.
    Then after FD and Canada Day my signature edition is looking forward to V2
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Anyone who asks for a contest exchange from me, I will give it to them.

Happy 150th to our wonderful neighbors up North. My uncle is Canadian, he lives in Winnipeg.

Ria
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    GB13COL will be operating and looking forward to making as many contacts as possible over the event. I've personally operated my Flex 6500 from the club station here in Durham as I think its a fantastic radio on a crowded band. Hoping to add 2 stations on a HF band simultaneous with mine as remote with my Maestro, but only if V2.0 is available and installed by Saturday.

So come on FlexRadio release it soooon.

If not, i'm sure it will be a fun 2017 13 Colonies Special Event.... Good luck to all participating this year!  
    Ray de G0VLF
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Good luck and hope to get you in the Log for GB13COL. Ray de G0VLF
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Ria, you have your schedule as to when you are on?
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I've work K2I on last 3 years during 13 colonies, is that you? I'll be sure to say more than just 5/9 this time Ria.
  • K1DLM
    K1DLM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    13 Colonies is a great event.  If you have an opportunity to be an operator, go for it.  It's one of the few times you can be on the receiving end of a huge pile-up at your home QTH here in the States.  I made 4,200 Q's last year as an operator for K2K in NH.
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Ray, Unrelated question. I have seen these meters before for Flex, but I forgot the name of the program. Can you please share the name of the meter program or post the links? Eduardo, KC8R
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi Eduardo.

Check your Email, posted the Bob meter freeware to you.

Ray de G0VLF
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Bounced back... Ping me an Email and will resend tomorrow.

Ray
  • Lee Maisel
    Lee Maisel Member
    edited June 2017
    How about a link for everyone?
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Had a quick look around the internet and not sure if Woodbox exists any more or has been bought out. The link was as follows;
    http://www.woodboxradio.com/download/BobSmeter-Flex_v1.zip

This is a new site to me, so unless somebody else can provide a link I cannot help.

Ray de G0VLF
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    While you are out there chasing the 13 colony stations you might want to also try for E.T.

check out https://www.pecosvalleyarc.com/tailgate  for more info and times & dates.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Just hope the Cylons don't cause too much QRM. Oh common Batlestar Galactica, 13 colonies. Without googling, who can name them?
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I was on only last year, and kind of a late addition since N2KOJ couldn't really operate. This is my 2nd year. I am the only YL op for K2I last year and this year so if you worked a YL K2I, it was me.

Schedule, hard to say. I may be hitting 40 and 80 at night, but during the weekend and the 4th I'll be on a lot on other bands like 20, 15, 10 and 6. 

Ria
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I also use flexmeter. 

http://www.denzone.com

• Jlawson40
    Jlawson40 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Just finished working the 13 colonies event. My first time. Got a clean sweep and WM3PEN. Still trying to work GB13COL before time runs out. My 6500 performed flawlessly ( no amp required ). I sure would miss that pan adapter. Thank FRS. John, W8AGS
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Go figure... got them all but one station.. and you guessed it.. K2I.. Ria where are you???

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'm at work today but I have a guest op using the station. You can work him. I'll be on tonight
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    FYI.. been watching DXWATCH.com  no spots yet... I'll keep watching.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    K2D from CT was on 20m running PSK31 yesterday.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    On again today, just worked them on PSK31

Got all 13 colonies on 80m and 40m Saturday, need 1 more for 20m K2E  for 3 bands

Been looking for Ria again tonight.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Mike.... 14.275  K2E
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hey Dave, I saw that spot a while ago, listening now but very weak, waiting til propagation to near Niagara Falls improves. I may have to turn on the amp :)
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    GB13COL rather weak today. 20 is in really poor shape. I hope we get better propagation.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Got him.. K2I... 18.135.. beautiful sig in Tampa Florida... Clean sweep with both bonus stations for the 5th year in a row.

Once again the Flex 6500 preformed flawlessly and with the added KPA500 amp made busting through those pileups just that much easier.

Good Luck all
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    The 13 Colonies Special Event was a great event yet again. I certainly enjoyed using my Flex 6500 for the event as the manager of GB13COL. You can view a band in micro seconds and decided whether to work splits or not. Plus you can find a vacant spot quickly. The interest in SDR within my club has been fantastic.

Can't wait for V2.0 and the new 6600M

Ray de G0VLF

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I think the 17m op was someone different. Eric operated on 20 and 40. I operated on 20, 40 and 80, SSB and CW. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.