10.16 observations

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
Audio persistence problems solved and band switching is faster and smoother for this 6500.

Thank you, Flex
Photo of Walt

Walt

• 236 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Paul Mandel

Paul Mandel

• 83 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
So I am not sure if it was an installation issue with .15 but all my not able to connect to radio issues with N1MM+ solved with the new version.   I made no changes to N1MM+ just fired it up and it connected.   
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin

Kevin

• 931 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Included in the highlights is:

Continued Updates and improvements for contesting including the WinKeyer emulation

I'm hoping this means the stutter has been corrected and I'm not confusing it with other reported issues. I did a little preliminary testing with N1MM+ using winkey emulation with QSK on and off and the delay at 0 and 200 and at various speeds. I was not able to force the stutter. I'm hoping it's fixed but need to get this tested in a live context.

Install went smooth as ice.

Kev K4VD
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2314 Posts
  • 951 Reply Likes
We were definitely testing some of those fixes, so give it a go. I personally did beat it up real well for a few contests and casual DXing with no problems. Other testers may have as well. 
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 600 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Install went smoothly,  Initial testing shows no trace of the CW stutter when using CWX. Thank you!
Photo of Tom K3TF

Tom K3TF

• 71 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Took the plunge and did the install. Everything went smoothly on the first try. Worked a few QSO's on CW and everything seems fine.

Tom.......

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 600 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Further testing.  There is still a very slight, occasional delay with CWX, though not nearly as pronounced as in previous versions...This with F1 programmed to send my call, and F2 to send "R R TU 599 IA".  Barely perceptible in most cases.
Photo of David-N1DRS

David-N1DRS

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
well install the new update,
And the software still saying updating  15mins?
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3546 Reply Likes
Please refer to the Release Notes regarding this behavior.  Essentially you need to power cycle the radio and allow it to update again.

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 600 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
I just noticed something else that I don't recall seeing in earlier releases.  There is a noticable delay in the RF Power display; i.e., I can send an 'I' at 27wpm and not see RF power until well after I release the key and in some instances not see any response at all if that is all I send.  It's not a big deal, but just something I never noticed before.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9186 Posts
  • 3548 Reply Likes
This is to be expected.  Metering takes radio resources and it is not a high priority process, like the audio processing or sending CW. To ensure that metering does not over consume radio resources, we do not make it an instantaneous process; the values sampled at a reasonable frequency and are averaged before being displayed.  It is possible that a metering packet is occasionally dropped but this ensures that more time critical processes get serviced first.
(Edited)

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 600 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Thanks for the explanation, Tim.  I suspected it was something like that, but was just curious as I hadn't noticed it before.
Photo of N5LB - Lionel B

N5LB - Lionel B

• 222 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
10.16 installed this morning on 6300.  No issues.   
Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E

James Kennedy-WU5E

• 333 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes

10.16 first look- only saw one woops the radio froze up a loud noise then froze , did a hard reboot and it's worked perfect since... going to put it though the grinder with the NAQP RTTY tomorrow.

Jim

WU5E

Photo of Wim

Wim

• 107 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
I did a full uninstall, power cycled radio, rebooted PC before doing the upgrade, it installed with the yellow progress bar going all the way to the end but the radio still says 'Updating Software' and the Window progress bar is still yellow and saying 'Update' so it seems to get stuck at the very end ....

Even when I power cycled radio, rebooted PC, the radio powers up in 'Updating SOftware' state with purple LED power light and the smart SDR sw does not see the radio....    Not sure how to get out of this mode now ....
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

• 9186 Posts
  • 3547 Reply Likes
If you are still having this issue, please open a HelpDesk support ticket.