Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.8.4 upgrade

Options
Dave
Dave Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
As one of the unfortunate folks who had to return their Maestro after the 1.8.3 upgrade, I can report that the 1.8.4 upgrade was smooth and uneventful ...

Comments

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I just attempted to load 1.8.4. Immediately recognized that the "update" was happening slower than normal. Yellow bar got to the end - it's now 30 minutes later and the update is still "UPDATING SOFTWARE" power light is purple. HELP!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Power cycle the radio. It did not auto reboot after the firmware update
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Looks like the boys at Flex are gone for the day, so I reached out to Dave, WO2X. Took a leap of faith and powered down the radio - rebooted (the radio) - tried to run the installed verion of 1.8.4. NG
    Next, rebooted the PC and tried again to run 1.8.4.

Software loaded and the "radio picker" software came up. Interesting, its still "yellow" and labeled UPDATE. Selected the radio and the update ran again, this time much faster. My 6500 Rebooted twice, each time going through a "caliberate" message.

So far, so good - a scary situation, but with Dave's assistance seems I'm OK.
    Tim, if you have any questions I left my cell # on the tech support voice mail. Call anytime until 11 pm Eastern!
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes basically that's what I discovered I just posted the full details
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Update loaded OK and is functioning as advertised.  Bravo for fixing the noise burst digital problem, working fine now.  

PJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.