1.8.4 upgrade

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
As one of the unfortunate folks who had to return their Maestro after the 1.8.3 upgrade, I can report that the 1.8.4 upgrade was smooth and uneventful ...
Photo of David Vernier

David Vernier

• 27 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of WA2SQQ

WA2SQQ

• 500 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
I just attempted to load 1.8.4. Immediately recognized that the "update" was happening slower than normal. Yellow bar got to the end - it's now 30 minutes later and the update is still "UPDATING SOFTWARE" power light is purple. HELP!
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9198 Posts
  • 3558 Reply Likes
Power cycle the radio. It did not auto reboot after the firmware update
Photo of WA2SQQ

WA2SQQ

• 500 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Yes basically that's what I discovered I just posted the full details
Photo of WA2SQQ

WA2SQQ

• 500 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Looks like the boys at Flex are gone for the day, so I reached out to Dave, WO2X. Took a leap of faith and powered down the radio - rebooted (the radio) - tried to run the installed verion of 1.8.4. NG
Next, rebooted the PC and tried again to run 1.8.4.

Software loaded and the "radio picker" software came up. Interesting, its still "yellow" and labeled UPDATE. Selected the radio and the update ran again, this time much faster. My 6500 Rebooted twice, each time going through a "caliberate" message.

So far, so good - a scary situation, but with Dave's assistance seems I'm OK.
Tim, if you have any questions I left my cell # on the tech support voice mail. Call anytime until 11 pm Eastern!
Photo of Pat - WH6HI

Pat - WH6HI

• 439 Posts
  • 81 Reply Likes
Update loaded OK and is functioning as advertised.  Bravo for fixing the noise burst digital problem, working fine now.  

PJ