1.8.3 upgrade problems

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
logged on tonight and found a new update mastro showed the update hit upgrade and it started downloading update started and maestro completed ok and then radio started upgrading too a long time ... like 15 mins eventually the maestro started to load the ssdr dash - only there was no pana freq displays.  after a few mins Maestro stopped and reported an error and needs to be restarted it restarted itself and after some clicking and calibrating the radio finally showed the ssdr dash 

second problem ...

no persistance any bands modes or configs
no persistance on maestro or pc
took a hard reset to factory defaults to restore this so 1.8 messed up the config.

third problem

wifi connection is now worse than ever ...

fourth problem
pana now seems less sensitive than before  ... needs more testing but seems that beacons visible (just above the noise) are no longer visible


so far 1.8 has been very annoying!
Photo of Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis

  • 495 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
  • annoyed

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

  • 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Well at least your Maestro is working - there are a number us who currently have a bricked one ... engineering are working on it and we are hopeful of a swift fix!

David G4NRT
Photo of Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis

  • 495 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
I didn't see those emails to that issue till after!

It took so long updating I was worried!

Hope you get a fix soon :(
(Edited)
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

  • 680 Posts
  • 154 Reply Likes
Sorry for me 1.8.3     R.I.P

There was a Beta test ?
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

  • 810 Posts
  • 269 Reply Likes
My update went flawlessly. It took about 15 minutes for the whole thing. I am in my RV with a slower than normal internet connection. I did PC first and updated radio then disconnected from Smart SDR leaving radio on. Them fired up Maestro and it went well
Photo of Steven Hess

Steven Hess

  • 87 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
I went the same route with no issues. 
I figure I'm going to have to update the computer anyway might as well update the 6300 from there. Maestro update went flawlessly. 
Photo of Jim

Jim

  • 17 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Mine also updated with no issues. Both Maestro and 6500 ok.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

  • 9198 Posts
  • 3558 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
Photo of Bob K4RLC

Bob K4RLC

  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
So, as of today, 7/2/16, I understand not to try and upgrade for the Maestro - just arrived and barely out of the box...but wait til new software is available?
tnx Bob K4RLC
Photo of Steven Hess

Steven Hess

  • 87 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
You should be able to roll back the version of SSDR  to the previous version (1.7.xx) with your computer then use your Maestro. 
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

  • 1674 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Bob 
That is what we've been told.

Thanks, Steven, I forgot all about version mismatch issues in another thread. but I tried to fix that. 

73, Jay - NO5J
(Edited)
Photo of Paul - W3PH

Paul - W3PH

  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I usually wait a week or two to apply firmware updates on any device and check the forums for problems, but this time I just accepted the Maestro's offer of 1.8.3 as soon as I saw it, and the upgrade went smoothly. I removed the old version from the PC and installed 1.8.3 there too.  Everything works.  Radio is a 6500.  In case it matters, the 6500 had just been powered on and I hadn't connected yet from either Maestro or PC.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.