Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.7.3 Install Hangs

Options
Jim Bryce W5HFS
Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
1.7.30 install fails to complete. Yellow bar is totally filled. Flex 6700 shows "Updating Software" and purple button. This has lasted over an hour. I'm hesitant to switch off and retry fearing bricking the 6700. I've been doing upgrades since the Signature Series came out and have never seen this. I'm leaving everything on and waiting for ideas. Suggestions. Thanks. Jim, W5HFS

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The very thing happened to me with one of the upgrades a while back and I just restarted and it was updated and worked fine.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Larry: Are you saying you pressed the 6700 button to shut down, then restarted the hardware by pushing the button, and then ran the 1.7.30 upgrade software again. I'm being very specific because I bricked a computer once and don't want to go through that with my 6700 even though I live in Austin and could hand carry it to Flex where their fantastic team could fix it for sure. They have a lot of other things to do. If this is a frequent problem, it should to be noted carefully. I've not found any other references to this condition except for some much older versions of software. Thanks, Jim
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I held the button in to restart it and found everything had updated like it was suppose to. It just happened to me one time about a year ago on one of the software updates and I have seen it mentioned maybe 1 or 2 times from others, nothing recently.
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I tried the restart and found nothing had updated. Then I shutdown the Flex, uninstalled 1.7.30, shut down the computer, and then did a complete reinstall of 1.7.30. This time upgrading the 6700 went as expected. Now my Flex 6700 works perfectly upgraded to 1.7.30. Thanks, Larry. Case closed. -- Jim W5HFS
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    excellent
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    May I suggest that the next time you upgrade, that you reboot the radio just before doing the upgrade..  Upgrade seems to work better for me that way..
    Al, K0VM

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I second that suggestion. I always power off the rig, reboot he computer, install the new SSDR, reboot again....then power on the rig and run SSDR to let it update the rig. I don't want leftovers mixed in with the new meal!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.