Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.6.17 DAX panel RX streams

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have disabled the RX streams I do not need as I have a 6300, so I have disabled 3 to 8 inclusive. But they still show in the DAX panel, they did not in the previous versions. How can I stop them showing? If this is not possible for the end-user, could this be applied to the wish-list for the next version? It would be *great* to remove screen clutter.

It is a shame the DAX and CAT panels do not open minimised by default. Luckily, it is very easy to fix. For those that may not know, all one has to do is locate the icons for DAX and CAT in the startup group in the stary menu, and set the 'run' option as 'minimised'.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2018
    Grab the bottom of the DAX control panel and drag it up if you do not want to see them.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    <Face Palm>. Now I remember that is what I did last time, hi hi! For some reason I thought that they automatically came off the list. Sadly, another senior moment, aka a GPF in my cerebral cortex.

Thanks Tim.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Dax and Cat control panels remember their screen configuration. If they are minimzed when the computer shuts down, they will come back up minimized.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ... but they come up now , Every start. OK, only 2 click and they are down. But why?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    :-)
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Dave, that did not work here. Had to modify the icons as mentioned in my OP.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Others may wish to "Pin" them to the task bar so they are easily accessed if the get closed by accident.  I do that with a few of my main ham programs, since I don't do a lot else with my Shack computer.

Thanks, Guy for the hint on setting a "run minimized" parameter.  I hadn't thought of that.  I usually just hid it behind my SSDR screen and leave the tip window bar of each one extending just above the SSDR window.  (I don't usually use a full screen for SSDR, but only about 80% so I can access other important shortcuts that I have spaced around the top and left edge of the SSDR window.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.