Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.6.17 after upgrade NO power output DM780

Options
Ian1
Ian1 Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Could use some help

After initially installing 1.6.17 I found the DM780 No power output error Radio Keys fine but just no output.
Decided I would let you guys figure out the issues and reverted back to 1.5 which worked fine for a few days. However today version 1.5 stopped transmitting as well.

I thought I would now update back to 1.6.17 and try and debug the CAT or DAX issue. So Far no luck. The 6700 keys and unkeys fine there is just no power output. I can force some power output by default or my microphone mode rather then my digital mode.

has anybody that has this issue been able to resolve it?

I updated DM780 to version 6.3..466 latest as of Dec, 17 2015.

Ian

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Make sure DAX is turned on and the channels as well. Then make sure the levels are appropriate. Lastly make sure you have the right DAX audio channel entered into your DM780. Mines all good with 1.6 Mike N9DFD
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Mike

DAX Transmit is turned on and shows streaming as I stated the Flex will go into Transmit mode the receive mode is working properly.

Regarding the DAX Audio channel thank you for that suggestion because it solved the problem.

It appears that the new DAX setup changed the setting in DM780 and was transmitting the signal to another source.

Perhaps this is where others have been having the issue as well.

Ian

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ian, please look at your soundcard settings in DM780, they have to be changed for TX:

73, Alex DH2ID
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There can be several reason why you are not transmitting signal if everything else looks correct (the red TX indicator in the bottom right is illuminated).

1.) Your emission frequency (audio tone frequency) is outside of the transmit filter.  Example: if you audio tone is @ 500 Hz and your RX filter width is 1000-2000 Hz, you will not transmit anything.

2.) The DAX audio channel is not enabled on SmartSDR and/or on the DAX control panel.

3.) The digital mode program is not sending audio to the DAX TX channel  (configuration issue)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.