Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.4 Gives me my portable 6M Monitor!

Options
KM0T
KM0T Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi all,

Installed 1.4 today on the main CPU, some messing around was needed as I had recently installed ESET total protection, their firewall blocked the radio in the chooser.  Once I figured that out, I got it going fine.  Then proceeded to install on a laptop and that went good too, I was totally blown away being able to see 6M sitting at the kitchen table.

I then thought, why not try my wife's Surface Pro 2?  Well, that went without a hitch and it plays really well on that little thing.  So, now I have my ultra portable 6 Meter monitor via WIFI.  Touch screen support for Win 8.1 is pretty good too!  Now I think I will be getting into trouble when I bring it to bed!

And as a throw-back....I recently acquired a brand new never used Flex 5000A with the VU5K!  It was quite a Gem of a find! I Used that extensively on 6 and 2 meters yesterday during the big Aurora opening here...logged a ton of Qs. The VU5K module works just as good as my high end SSB Electronics transverters, and a lot less messing around.  Seeing both pan adapters on 6 and 2 at the same time in the same window is totally awesome....I'm just so sad that I waited this long to get one with the VU5K.  Both the Flex 5000 and Flex 6500 play really nice together on the same computer at the same time.

Still rebuilding the station here since I moved some years ago, hope to have all the VHF and microwaves going in a year or so, then will be adding the Flex 1500 to the same computer as the IF for 10 and 24 GHz.  I recall when I was running three SDR-1000s each on their own computer....wow!  The VHF+ button sure has come a long way! :)

Thanks again guys, keep up the awesome work.

Now on to transmit configurations!

73 - Mike - KM0T
EN13

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You must be a very tolerant ham. As soon as I bought my  6000, my wife and I sleep in separate bedrooms.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi Mike, Been through your website oogling at the uWave side of things and have probably worn my browser out. If I been through your whole site once, it will be 1000 times. I have also aquired a small flex 1500 for HF with a amp on the end and have also made up some transverter kits for 4m and 2m to use with the flex.
    Keep your site going mike, its pure pleasure to browse.

John M0ELS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.