Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.11 upgrade at GW9J

Steve Jones gw0gei
edited September 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
After playing in the WAE dx ssb contest at the weekend, swapping between my flex 6300 and new ic7300, it confirmed that I still prefer using the flex for hf contesting in so2r mode with n1mm. Nice to work you on 20m @Ria and get some practice at taking qtcs in live mode!

My 6300 has been crash free for two months now, since I did another complete reinstall in frustration one weekend.

Saw the 1.11 upgrade announcement this pm whilst still in work, so came home early and upgraded the main pc, a laptop, and the firmware on the 6300 ahead of a 80m ssb domestic contest this evening. All went ok with the upgrade, and I spent 180 mins on 80m ssb this evening with the 6300 under crowded conditions plus EU qrm.

Cannot honestly say that I noticed any improvement with close in signal performance this evening, as the 6300 has always outperformed my previous yaesu icom and kenwood contest radios. I have the filters set at tightest setting as never had an issue with latency here. The auto notch and noise reduction still doesn't work as well as well as the IC7300, but that will be a reason for me to upgrade to 2.0 ahead of the purchase of a 6600 if they get sorted before the uk sees the new radios.   

Fingers crossed that the various crash bugs have been finally squashed and we now have a stable platform for the coming major contest season. Thanks to FRS for getting this release out before cqww ssb and some other domestic contests in October, so I can check its stable here over the coming weeks in minor contests.

Steve gw0gei / GW9J 

Comments

• Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited September 2017
    Spoke too soon perhaps?!  After using the 6300 this morning for an 80m ssb net I left it on receive whilst I did some gardening. Came into the shack at lunch time and the radio had lost comms with no radio shown in the ssdr window. Tried a normal shut down of the radio but it wouldn't respond. Ended up switching the dc power off and left it until after lunch. Fired up ok after lunch so I am leaving it on 20m cw on rx for the rest of the weekend to see if it happens again. On cat 5 cable from router to shack network switch, with pc and lap top and radio all plugged in to the switch. Always full green bars on the network monitor and no lost packets as I don't use wifi at all in shack.

Will see how 1.11 goes over the next week and a few domestic short contests before deciding whether to use it here for multi two in cqww ssb and cw or to use my new ic7300 alongside my friends k3.
    Steve gw9j

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.