Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

... same procedure as last update?

Chris DL5NAM
Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
... only run the update, restart PC and again the old bug is here again at every SSDR start!

Comments

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited June 2018
    I got the same bug.. image
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited June 2018
    I have been getting the same DAX driver error, yet  DAX seems to be working properly. --Mike, WV2ZOW
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited June 2018
    Well I unplugged my flex for 30 minutes then turned it back on and its half working like you said.  Still not right. and my other computer gets a different error. says cont connect to radio at all. 

• Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I never JUST install the update. What I do, and it seems to always work is, use RevoUninstaller and uninstall the currently installed version of Flex Radio SmartSDR with the option, when it asks, to remove the existing DAX drivers. When it gets to the point where it asks if you are ready to reboot, say NO and let the program continue and it will dig deep and find all remnants of the programs, including in the registry, giving you the option to 'select all' and ' delete all'. 

Reboot.

THEN install the new version. Once it is installed, reboot again.

THEN everything should work beautifully.  RevoUninstaller is a great program and there is a free version. If you have the funds, I'd get (and did get) the Pro Portable version of it which I keep on a flash drive. It is AWESOME at uninstalling things from your computer.  This is my procedure with any software update and it seems to work flawlessly for me. Your mileage may vary but, I'm pretty confident. 

btw, this 'thorough uninstall' does NOT delete your profiles. Somehow they are still there after the reinstall, which is nice.

73's
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Richard, that is only small help and not solve the bug - this bug exist since last update.
    And your tool is not needed. The fix last time was for me: uninstall SSDR with all drivers - start a new install - then the bug is gone.
    73 Chris

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah I agree.. No tool needed. But I will say I did the hole install uninstall more than I want. Its just not working right. 
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Same error.  This link is to Tim's method of reinstalling the DAX drivers.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AloqAzRI-q1xiqoZKNFbP2crT1BAiQ
    This is what I just now used.  It took maybe 3 minutes and now DAX works fine.  This linked version uses the correct SSDR version in the path.  I'm sure its on this site also.

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited June 2018
    Went threw all that no difference. 
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    At each step the command line will come back and report successful.  If each step was shown as successful then I am baffled and wish I another idea.  SSDR was shutdown before starting.  I suppose make sure the path references are correct; of course a "not found" error will come back if the path is wrong.  I did change the versions in the path but maybe there is still something wrong that I fixed on the fly.

• Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    This item might not exist or is no longer available

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Lionel

Have you checked for Ghosted DAX devices in Device Manager ? They will cause this everytime.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I agree with both of you.  I really need to refrain from offering advice when I'm not 100% sure I know what I'm talking about. Live and learn.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I never uninstall have always just installed the newest version of ssdr for windows leaving the older version alone, so when im done I have multiple versions of ssdr with shortcuts. I make a folder and name it with the older version and move its shortcuts to the folder leaving only the latest version shortcuts on the main desktop screen and use the latest version. Have not ever had any issues that way the newest install creates its own folder and puts its stuff there without interferring with the previously installed versions which of course now wont work anyway since it does not match whats installed in the rig version number.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I do the same as Wayne, but after a couple of older ver left on my desktop I just delete the shortcuts. Knock on wood never an issue if fact this is the method Flex recommends.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.