Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

! PC Audio

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I noticed on SmartSDR the following "! PC Audio".  See attached.  I have to crank the vol way up in order to hear anything.    This happened after I took the 1803 upgrade.  I completely uninstalled SmartSDR, DAX, and CAT rebooted and reinstalled 2.28.  I suspect I need to go into Sound on the computer but not sure what to look for or change.

Don

Answers

• Neal - K3NC
    Neal - K3NC Inactive Employee ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Don

Go to the bottom right of your screen where you see the icon of the Speaker and move the slider up. If its already up, you might need to click t he speaker icon under the Slice Pennant and see what the slice gain is set for, might be low.

You should get enough sound to make it really irritating to those nearby!

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hi Neal

It was already set to 100%.  The gain is set to 43% on the speaker setting in the slice and the setting is 60% where you control both speaker and headphones.  I have enough audio for listening to digital - probably too much!.  I am guessing perhaps it is just the band condx on ssb.  Is there anyway to get rid of the "! PC Audio" message what causes it to display?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    It may display if the wrong default devices on the computer is selected.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Are there any docs to look at to see what should be set to what?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I think there are, but there are things we do know..
    select the default playback device for you sound device. This would be the device your computer used before SSDR came along.
    This is mine as exampleimage
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I set the device  then I got nothing out on xmt, but, this cleared up the "! PC Audio" message!  When I set it back to DAX Audio TX I was able to get output from WSJT-X.

See my setup below:

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Interesting when I switch over to fldigi and select Dell device for the default audio as shown above I am able to TX without issues.  I can also change it to DAX Audio TX and still works ok but then I get the "! PC Audio" message.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    After I switched back to WSJT-X everything was working ok on TX with the High Def Definition Audio selected as the default from when I was using fldigi.  Go Figure!  At least now I no longer have the "! PC Audio" message.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That is good, this stuff drives us crazy..lol
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Also, adj. Volume of Flex Receiver (Radio Panel)image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.