Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"Full Screen" on iMac

wg c
wg c Member
edited February 2019 in New Ideas
More of an observation.  Since traveling up the 6500 learning curve, I've come across all sorts of epiphanies.  The other day I moved the SDR screen (2 pan adaptors open) from monitor 1 to 2.  Suddenly it was dead in the water.  running but I couldn't find the Title Bar "Flex Radio Systems," no file, settings, nada.  Couldn't control anything.  A couple more attempts and "poof" vanished completely, but still running in back ground.  Called Dudley for moral support.

Turned out the problem is "unique" with Mac (or so others have told me).  When you hit the "full screen" button your life changes in unpleasant ways.  So if you can't find your title bar, can't control anything, only see the SDR title bar...look to your "Full Screen" button.  Get rid of that and everything works just fine.

Of course there may be Mac experts out there than have a better description of what happened....like I'm computer illiterate, but maybe this will be of value to some who are also new to Flexradios.

73, Bill
AH6FC/W7

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    My hat is off to Dudley and the rest of the technical support. Those guys are sharp and helpful. Thank you Flex!
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    What system and VM are you using? I've not experienced this on my Mac (Yosemite) with Parallels 10.
  • Barry Kanne
    Barry Kanne Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi Bill:

If you are referring to the GREEN button as the "full screen" button, then you can generally reverse its effect by hitting the ESC button.  See if that works for you.

Barry
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi Bill , what version of Win are you using and which iMac? In my facility I use iMac 5k + Win10(preview), with retina resolution and full screen all apps running fine, however with Win7 and retina I have serious issues, Win7 not supporting retina and only way out is switch to the window from the full screen with parallels

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.