Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 76
Photo of Ken - NM9P
My New "All Flex" HF station....
Here is a picture of my newly reorganized operation position. Flex-6500. Flex-1500, Lapai LP-808 Audio Amp, ALinco DM-330MV Power Suppl...
  • 3 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Kirk, K6KAR
HELP with SmartSDR CAT and FLDIGI
I've read and have followed the guidelines the Smart SDR CAT documentation but have been able to enable CAT for transmit control using FL...
  • 1 me too
  • 19 replies
  • Problem
  • Solved
Photo of W4EY
SmartSDR.XML file
Tim:  This is a question about using 3rd Party Software with my FLEX 6500.  Everytime I start the Fldigi application, I have to open the ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of W4EY
Flrig and FLEX 6500
Has anyone setup Flrig on the FLEX 6500? The Flrig application does not include FLEX radios in their Radio Selection configuration. Also,...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of W4EY
External Auto Antenna Tuner
I have a external Auto Antenna tuner at the base of my Antenna. I can set my FLEX transmit TUNE power to 1 Watt and auto tune my antenna ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ed - W2RF
SDR-Bridge 1.0.1 available for download
The SDR-Bridge 1.0.1 build correctly launches Skimmer on a 32-bit (x86) operating system. It also enables editing of the path. The instal...
  • 6 me toos
  • 22 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jay -- N0FB
Useful CWX function key ideas
I played around with the CWX panel including the function key setup. After completing F1 with "CQ CQ DE N0FB N0FB K", I ran out of idea...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W4EY
CWX V1.3 -- Looks Great!
CWX V1.3 -- Looks Great!   This will answer a lot of Questions. Looks like we are going to have some fun....
  • W4EY, 4 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Praise
Photo of W4EY
Darn HAM Days
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uhkS5Gwjc  The FLEX changed the world. I remember when we had the TV and Radio interference days.Bill...
  • W4EY, 4 years ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Jim - WD5IYT
Using N1MM Logger With SmartSDR/SmartCAT, FlexControl, and K1EL WinKeyer
Here is a document I wrote up when setting up N1MM on the K5FRS club station. I've also tried this procedure at my home station. I have...
  • 5 me toos
  • 18 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Ken - NM9P
work-around tor click-tune on RTTY for 6000/SmartSDR
Until a new update simplifies things, I have devised a work-around to the Click-Tune problem in RTTY. FlDigi has a default center freque...
  • 5 me toos
  • 5 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Don WB3FTQ
software and windows 8.1
looking at buying a new PC; Windows 7 installed, Windows 8/8.1 license included. wondering how software other than SmartSDR/SmartSDR CAT,...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of W4EY
Can anyone tell me if the new FLEX 6000 Radios will function on Windows 8 with 64 bit Operating system?
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Steve - M3SXA
Need help getting HRD to work
How to get it to work...? I've tried fldigi but prefer HRD, tried the version 5 and even 6 trial and cannot get either to work... Sure I...
  • 1 me too
  • 12 replies
  • Problem
Photo of W4EY
SmartCAT v1.2.8 issue
When turning my FLEX 6500 on this morning, I lost all external connections to my Digital software. I opened SmartCAT window and it indica...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Problem
Photo of W4EY
RF Output decreasing with operation
Running the contest this morning, I noticed the RF Output monitored on a LP-100A Digital Vector Watt meter start decreasing slowly as I w...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Problem
  • Not a Problem
Photo of Gary Robertson - KY5R
Can't transmit USB using SmartSDR 1.2.1
Left Flex-6500 and computer running for a few hours this afternoon unattended. When I returned and tried to transmit USB on 15 meters, I ...
  • 1 me too
  • 7 replies
  • Problem
  • In Progress
Photo of W4EY
SSDR V1.2.1 WOW!!
Up and running on the new FLEX SSDR V1.2.1.  WOW! Go VOLS Bill W4EY Smokie Mountains Tennessee
  • 4 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Praise
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T
SSDR 1.2 - WOW!
Just watched the SSDR 1.2 YouTube video. Oh. My. Gawd. Beautiful. Looking forward to playing with it soon.
  • 17 me toos
  • 27 replies
  • Praise
Photo of Steve - M3SXA
Another new DXCC
Popped on today for an hour on digimodes and grabbed United Arab Emirates (new one for me) plus USA and Japan thanks to the Flex Radio & ...
  • 1 me too
  • 11 replies
  • Praise